Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

oh yes, itā€™s loose. I bought smaller because it didnā€™t work out, they got big

I think Boardnamics recommended between 255 and 270 on his mounts

@ShutterShock Problem my pulleys are 3m. I think Iā€™ll have to change the pulleys. The wheels will really because the mount scrapes the floor.

1 Like

+1 for TB110
i have about (200)mi on mine and my biggest complaint is that i have no complaints.

5 Likes

My biggest complaint is there just too perfect, I hate how grippy they are and that they dont slide. I Hate that they dont chunk or crack. And dont even get me started on how they feel too good.

4 Likes

Oh Iā€™m not sure about those pulleys. You need kegel core pulleys. Those may work, not sure. Iā€™d need more measurements.

These wheels

@yelnats8j I managed to slide the TB110 yesterday but halfway through the slide they gripped and threw me over the board. I busted my ass a little bit LoLz. They are super grippy on dry pavement

4 Likes

Yeah, on loose gravel they slide, but as soon as you hit anything flat its game over.

Oh yes, I will see. Tks!

Does anyone have these wheels or recommend? Are good?

They are very hard, not good for bricks. Not bad on dirt/gravel/grass if youā€™re light

3 Likes

First off, i prefer buying the metr module and supporting the community. But, is it possible to use a regular blutooth module with the metr app?

Also, i heard it can be connected to a smart watch as well. Is that true?

Im completely new to the world of bluetooth and vescs.

@Dirt_Bag Only way of using metr app is with a metr bluetooth module. He encrypted the system to allow only his own modules

1 Like

Thanks! I guess i will be getting one soon. If you see any being sold here, tag me please. I dont mind a second hand module

Two questions:

1. How do I measure the radius of the curve (convexity of the underside of my board). I have tried to google it, but I am no good at math and I wanted to know if anyone had links to a video tutorial or a really well (simply) explained written one.

2. I have two 10s4p chargers from the IKEA FOLKVƄNLIG ebike I think they are a 1.6 amps or 2 (donā€™t have them in front of me right now) but either way can I connect them in parallel to charge my 10s4p (samsung 30q) pack quicker?

2b. Are these chargers not just ā€œregularā€ converters or is there something more going on that wouldnā€™t allow two of them to be used in parallel?

I can answer your first question:

1 Like

Looking for recommendations on a good quality 10S charger 3-4A with 5.5x2.1 barrel that charges to 42 volts. My old 4A evolve works fine but only charges to 41.6 and pisses me off.

Thatā€™s funny, I like my evolve charger for that reason. Prolongs that battery life!

No adventure time gifs saved for this one :wink:

3 Likes

I guess, The only use I see it has is the ability to have brakes on a full charge going downhill. I would think charging using a lower amp charger would be more beneficial no?

As long as youā€™re not stressing the cells by charging at too high of an amperage, I wouldnā€™t worry.

I had an issue with my first battery pack / charger combo. I was told that I couldnā€™t let the board sit on the charger overnight after I found melted shrink wrap around my batteryā€™s bms balance wires. They pointed me to the evolve charger and it float charges just under full and the bms balance wires donā€™t get hot anymore.

Not sure if this is normal behavior for other chargers but they sure made it seem like it was.

1 Like

Interesting. I have 3 chargers a 2A, 3A and the evolve 4A. Both the 2 and 3A charge to 42.1 (not sure if thatā€™s good lol) but the barrel tip doesnā€™t get warm with those. That 4A gets toasty and I can def feel a difference in temps using them.