Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

No problem :slight_smile:
I didnā€™t know about all thatā€¦ I dont blame you!
Do you sell shaft keys too? :slight_smile:
Seems like I need two keys and two 8mm 15T 5M pulleys with keyshaft! Key needs to be 3x1,5 size

Thanks for your help!

yes, I have steel or aluminum 15T pulleys with keyway. PM me.

2 Likes

Lets not forget the turnigy sk3 motors with nothing at all except the shaft.

1 Like

Are soap shavings equivalent to Parafin/Gulf wax when trying to de-squeek a pivot cup? Iā€™d hate to use soap only to realize I need to do it again in just a few weeks.

I can either wait a few days for gulf waxā€¦ Or just do it now with soap because Iā€™m bored, and itā€™s gotta get done anyways :thinking:

Some of the info is here

For motor specs, go with your manufacturer recommended max amps and bump up if you need more. Make sure they donā€™t get too hot to the touch.

Regen max is same way you calculate discharge rating.

Parallel groups * cell charge rating

3 Likes

How do you guys carry your boards?
Specifically, is there a way to lift the front (light) side of the board without having the motors scrape on the floor?

I carry it like a surfboard. but only where I canā€™t ride it. some carry them from the motor side and drag like luggageā€¦ a lot depends on what kind of board. some even mall grab.

I believe geometry is the enemy of your goal to carry it from the front and not scrape.

1 Like

For now the only viable way i found is a shoelace on the motors side. Feels really crappy but there is nothing to grab to, iā€™m tall af so the tip drags otherwise and itā€™s still heavy af.
Oh and there is DUST EVERYWHERE. Rain already damn it

Iā€™ve seen those lacroix owners use these type things:

https://www.amazon.com/Handles-Wrangler-Freedom-Unlimited-1995-2018/dp/B018NU9KPY

2 Likes

I bumped your account so you can post links and message freely. Congrats on the nice board and welcome!

2 Likes

ā€‹

4 Likes

I was literally picturing that powell board in my head when I wrote that.

2 Likes

Actually there are four of those boards here :smiley:

The Red One
The Blue One
The Green One
The Black One

and under construction is a fifth one

2 Likes

anyone wanna be a chap and send me a download of the nexest vesc tool as the password reset is fuky

vesc_tool_free_linux.zip (30.3 MB)

2 Likes

for windows ?

I donā€™t have that one handy

1 Like

need the leatest one aswell

Somebody made one! :smiley_cat:

4 Likes