Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Uploading: 15900434630651585398022467471507.jpgā€¦

Idk if i was to late took my a good 15-20 min to coneccect to my pc b

Why do you need to know?

1 Like

Avoid the tiger @Dareno . Heā€™s a desperate maniac with a thirst for vengeance.

2 Likes
1 Like

My sk3 screames while accelerating quickly, it gets super loud. If i do it slower it doesnā€™t appear.

The throttle iā€™m giving it at the moment isnā€™t even that extreme

Single sk3

1 Like

on a four wheel drive setup, which motors draw more power during acceleration? the front motors, or the rear motors?

i imagine that during braking the front motors regenerate more power than the rear motors, but correct me if iā€™m wrong

Soooo, pulling is easier than pushing, but Iā€™m not sure that applies hereā€¦ As long as they all retain traction, Iā€™d think they would all have similar amounts of power being pushed to / from them.

2 Likes

If no wheels are slipping, all motors should be equal. Without loss of traction all motors put down the same power. With that said front motors are more likely to slip during acceleration and rear during braking. So possible for rear to draw more power and front to make more regen. Hence why cars bias power to the rear with bigger front brake rotors

3 Likes

I feel like Iā€™ve asked this before - what would you max battery discharge and brake current be for a Chinese Hoverboard 10S2P battery?

I would suggest 10A per cell max discharge?
But what should I choose for brake current???

Depends on what cells yo. Would say keep it below 500W. Thatā€™s the upper limit on them things

1 Like

@BluPenguin
So ~13A Max only ???
Glad I asked ^^ I wouldā€™ve tried 20Aā€¦
Better to stay safe with these batteriesā€¦
What brake current?

Iā€™d probably say half of that is fine? If you can figure out what type of cell is in there youā€™d be able to find a much more precise spec sheet

1 Like

Theyā€™re often fake Samsung 30Qs etcā€¦ I wouldnā€™t trust the ratings on the battery ^^ I disassembled another Hoverboard battery and couldnā€™t find ANYTHING about its cells

Keep an eye on temperature then, if the cells get hot during use, lower amps, if they stay cold, then thereā€™s room to bump them up

2 Likes

Itā€™s just for testing purposes :slight_smile:
Thanks!

The rear of my board is chirping while driving.

You can hear it especially at the endā€¦Any idea what that is? (It only happens when the terrain is rougher than smooth asphalt.)

These are usually 5-8A 2200mah cells. I bet you could pump 4-5A brake regen into the pack w/o hurting it too much.

1 Like

So 10A-16A discharge max
And 4-5A break current?
:slight_smile:

1 Like