Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

What is your goal for the build? I would not buy either of those without good reason.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a VESC that you recommend instead. I will be running 18s and it recommends that the ESC is 200A.

The VESC 75/300 from @Trampa is your best bet right now for that.

edit: sorry, that tops-out at 16S

Is this for a longboard?

Thanks for the help. No. It is for an electric scooter.

1 Like

Ahhh, ok. Try to wait for the Stormcore ESC. Rion scooters are running them and those things are blinding.

@sofu

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll take a look at it. It does look great so far. If I do order the alien esc, (for whatever reason) will I at least be able to use it with the motor?

It should work from a technical sense, just not sure on the practical side. But since you’re not relying on it for braking, might be fine.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for all your help!

No hills really and also no off-roading
I weight 145lbs or about 63kg
Gonna be riding in the street

Most likely you want a 36v (10s li-ion) 7.5ah+ (3p to 4p) pack. Trying to make it yourself or buy one?

1 Like

I mean I know making one could save me some money but I have no idea how
Soooo most likely buy

Look for metroboards, they got them cheap

2 Likes

Why does being on edge or a slight carve give you better stability at speed?

2 Likes

I saw a post saying that the LACROIX Stormcore ESC is only 80a peak. Not sure if this is true, but would I be getting most of the power I can get out of my Alien motor if I am using this ESC? I really do like the tech in the Stormcore though.

1 Like

They tested at 80A, can likely go much higher.

Keep in mind the higher the Voltage, the lower Amp required to generate the same Watt. 10V x 10A = 100W, but 20V x 5A = 100W.

So a Stormcore at 84V x 80A = 6,720W (per side or on the single).

1 Like

Hmmm… So I guess I would end up getting most of what I was aiming for. Does the Stormcore work with Sensored motors?

1 Like

Absolutely, but not required.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. Now I just need to figure out how much $$ or time until I can get one.

1 Like

In the meantime, battle harden those APS motors. :wink:

3 Likes