Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I bought this esc off local craigslist.
Do you guys know what pre-built board its off of?
typical chinese esc, 10s hub motor esc, push to start, auto shut off, only 25km/h max speed though :confused:

1 Like

Seems like your ordinary Chinese AIO ESC you can buy for 30€ on eBay etc

1 Like

it looks slightly different than the typical liying esc’s

1 Like

Does anyone know where to get adapter cables for Hoverboard chargers? Would need a Hoverboard plug to Xt60 and one to DC Jack 5,5 2,1

I fear that I will reduce the battery life of my 10S3P Samsung 30Q battery significantly by charging it with 5A :frowning:
Any numbers?

Setting up my drive system and one of the motors has a lot of hand resistance. Any suggestions? @b264

1 Like

Something shorted?

4 Likes

Yah are you saying with disconnected phase wires you feel resistance (no load/belt or anything) if so sounds like phase wires shorted.

1 Like

Such an incredibly bad name one letter away from “lying”. Should start a clone shop called “weecopy”

1 Like

i think i misunderstood. so you actually have your board on while upgrading as well?

I don’t have a uSplit so i can’t help with that. I just went with what the steps said. How does one connect the usplit to usb? via the vesc directly?

edit : i see, it has a dedicated usb port.

The question is if the usplit gets enough power from just the usb or if it needs power from the vesc and usb is just for data transfer.

If it needs power from the vesc unplug the usb and restart your board.

If only usb, just usb. But going from the manual i’d say it needs vesc power

1 Like

@pookybear :grin:
I saw your comment on the other thread but…uhm… i don’t know what power cycling means lol
cheers @xsynatic

Power cycling is the act of turning a piece of equipment off and then on again

6 Likes

Power cycle is turning off your board and on

2 Likes

haha well that was a noob question :rofl:
can you answer this?

uSplit needs to be powered thru vesc, and usb for comm.

I had tried updating mine just using usb, never got it to work. It has to be plugged in to both.

Edit:
Hw 1.2 does NOT have any button you push to get into flash mode. When usb is plugged, it automatically goes I to recovery mode. In contrast, hw1.1 needs it pushed and held down before turning esc on.

1 Like

Well know the “remove canbus while powered on and you’ll kill the vesc” story.

But is it save to leave the cable plugged while nothing is connected on the other end and then turning it on?

2 Likes

Is there a complete “how to” on building batteries or do I have to read through the 6000+ posts in the battery builders club thread :crying_cat_face:?

1 Like

I didn’t have the time yet. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

@Mainsedora - No, no, I wasn’t knocking you. I appreciated your post and I know it’s a work i progress.

This hobby is awful, I keep on falling into these rabbit holes, the latest being battery building. Everyone here learned from somewhere, just wondering if there was a guide I can reference.

2 Likes

Need help again :rofl: One motor is spinning the wrong direction on the Unity. It says DRV fault when I reverse one of the motor directions.