Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

for you… my best

some nigg has got to know my awnsr ( tryna get some one this pandemic antion before its done)

I am trying to flash FW on my red-blinking FOCBOX (DRV fault when motor detection was started), I planned to load 4.2 FW

I can see now, that upload is going but it will take ages, it is slooowly moving in 0.1% steps, took 15mins to get to 10%

any ideas about that? :confused:

1 Like

from what FW are you coming?

vesc tool says… FW 3.103 :question:

1 Like

Got it.

Get yourself an older version of the vesc tool and flash that first. Then go from there to the latest fw or whatever you want to use.

2 Likes

heard about it, I started from vesc 1.25 and FW 3.62, went quite good, took few seconds, but it is still showing this FW 3.103 and upload takes forever now :stuck_out_tongue:

can you upload a pic showing your firmware tab?

so you are still using the 4.2FW tool?

If you abort the upload seen in the picture, disconnect and use the 1.25 tool and try it again, does it work or does it also take forever?

when I am using 1.25 update is going really well and it says that update was succesful but vesc tool says FW 3.103 anyway. I am a bit confused. It seems like even after update that FW 3.103 remains untouched :confused:

does the vesc tool disconnect from the vesc after the update is done? (windows should make the disconnect sound)

after the update you restarted the board?

i can not remember if it did “that” sound
i waited like 15sec then i did manual reset of vesc
no effect

what snacks? I might be able to help you

1 Like

I’m looking for these chips. I just found them a few weeks ago but now Lays has removed it completely from the German market. Lays sold me that Poland still carries them.

2 Likes

double checked: it is not making any sound, so it is not rebooting (disconnecting)

Rundown real quick:
Exactly as followed…

Ran motor detection on main vesc
Ran app configuration on both vesc

Forgot to run motor detection on slave vesc
Went back and ran motor detection on slave

Are we good to go?

1 Like

how many packets?

jk

depends on the shipping cost i’d say.

1 Like