Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I tried to use the search but I couldnā€™t find any helpful results. I was wondering what was the main differences between Trampa Spring Trucks and MBS Matrix II? What makes people choose between them?

@kadeanderson and @Athrx, if you disconnect the 3 wires, Iā€™m fairly certain you need to reconnect them the same to avoid reprogramming. At least you should if youā€™re running sensored. If Iā€™m not wrong, the sensor position does offsets and changing the order will change the offset. Could be wrong though

5 Likes

Thoughts? Looks interesting because circle :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Bro, donā€™t sell yourself short. Youā€™ve got so many more resources available to you if youā€™d put in the tiniest bit of effort.

Iā€™ll throw you a bone on this one. First google search result.

If you really want to know the specific differences, pull up both the product pages and use those eyes your mother gave you.

1 Like

looking to buy Flipskyā€™s Dual FSESC6.6 Plus for 12s EMTB setup

do you have any thoughts about it? pros/cons?

Pros : if it works, you are lucky that it works. No guarantee for how long.

con : its flipsky
Bad QC, probably no warranty or support.
also this :

Flipsky 6.6. Plus Issue

3 Likes

Hey Im not sure how to unfuck my shit someone pls help, I made a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6569_4rMXCU

2 Likes

Canā€™t help you much but i see a red led flashing there, coincidentally on the side the motor doesnā€™t spin

Make sure that flashing red light is not on the ESC. It looks like it might be on a radio receiver, which is okay I guess

I think those remotes have UART and PWM (ā€œPPMā€) modes of operation. I havenā€™t used one. How do you have it connected?

Connect the remote as PWM (ā€œPPMā€)

Turn on the ā€œreal time appā€ on the right side in the VESC Tool

Make sure you can see the pulselengths in real time. Thatā€™s probably the first step to checking that the ESC sees your radio input.

make sure you are connected (bottom right)

The ā€œFrom VESCā€ and ā€œVESC Toolā€ should be displaying a realtime graph that you can move with the remote

1 Like

Are the C ratings for Zippy lipos somewhat accurate or grossly exaggerated?

Thanks Bill!. Iā€™ll check out those links. Appreciate it =)

Any harm in leaving your charger plugged in after charging is completed?

Nope, I often recommend it as this is when many BMS do their balance work.

3 Likes

These would be cool for a last mile penny board for college students, but I think its more suited to larger FPV vehicles and stuff

1 Like
2 Likes

I am looking at using @eboosted 's 12s BMS but it states that he only builds them for charge and not for discharge because it isnt safe.
Mentions power loss from braking on a full battery which i get but how is that discharge? Thought that was charging. And because you cant overcharge so it goes to heat at that point. So does this mean that it doesnā€™t support regen braking?

Hmm gotcha, I asked because it looks very similar to the mini FOC and mini FOC plus. Just arranged in a circle vs square

I canā€™t imagine it would go above 20A batt without some active cooling. An FPV flying in the air at 100km/hr will be able to be used at slightly higher power

Is this due to the small size? If Iā€™m not wrong, itā€™s bigger than the miniFOC and miniFOC plus