Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Wooow. The Mini remote has a pretty dangerous way of telling me the battery life is short by pulling the throttle back in a 5 seconds interval.

1 Like

I think you should consider a lipo / liion upgrade for it ^^

1 Like

That wouldnā€™t solve the low battery issue I think heā€™s referring to

1 Like

I planned that but didnā€™t bother ordering parts yet. Donā€™t get me wrong, the battery life is great. I just threw 2 random battery inside that didnā€™t have much juice to begin with. I have a replacement battery with me but forgot the screwdriver.

Iā€™m just suprised on how horrible the low battery communication is

3 Likes

Involve some Battery meter thing of course :slight_smile:

Only time I experienced that, itā€™s because the 3 wire PWM cable going from the receiver to the ESC was smashed (between the ESC and enclosure which were bolted together) and the signal wire was almost completely broken.

Thatā€™s not the low battery behaviour ā€” UNLESS you didnā€™t set the failsafe, then it could be. If you turn the board upside down while on, then turn off the remote, do the wheels stop turning?

How could i not set up the failsafe with your Guide in existence? Yes, once the remote turns off the throttle goes to the center position = no throttle.

Wires are fine. I assumed itā€™s the low power warning because every time the remote automatically released the throttle the RED power led blinked once

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Oh yeah thatā€™s a low battery.

I tried to post a warning about using certain types of AA batteries in the remote are more dangerous than other kinds because they die quickly as opposed to gradually, but a couple guys on the [US] west coast shitposted my entire thread until it was useless. @BillGordon

What batteries are you using in it?

2 Likes

The build I am forming has 18mm wheel pulleys. My question is if I can only get 15mm motor pulleys and belts will this cause issues?

It will not cause any issues

1 Like

Iā€™m using some generic cheapo AAs i had laying around for probably 1 or 2 years. In fact the only 2 AA batteries in my house except my single rechargable AA.

iā€™ll snap a pic in a sec.

The slower they die, the better. Definitely not ā€œEnergizer Ultimate Lithiumā€ because those stay high until near the end then die really quickly

2 Likes

Its from an 8 pack for 2 bucks. Its the own brand from a drug store.

I put it with ~1.3x V
and now itā€™s at ~1.22v

Ah yeah those are good.

I carry a tiny screwdriver and two extra AA in my pack also, along with the skate tool, a bearing, pliers, and small amount of other things

And yes, Iā€™ve made it home before solely because I had one extra bearing with me

1 Like

Storytime? I wanna hear how in the world a spare bearing saved you

2 Likes

Same. I trying to replace the screw with a hex screws so i can use it with my wera kit i carry around when driving.

also my always with me pack.

So far i only needed beltsā€¦lots of 'emā€¦

+ my wera kit and a small pump.

When i ride my hub board i carryā€¦ nothing.

2 Likes

Who are those guys that custom make visors for full face MTB helmets?

Running into a spacing issue, how dumb is it to have a battery that terminates in bullets and split the input lead for a Unity to have matching bullets? I imagine as long as I terminate them in the opposite bullet it will be fine

1 Like

What happens when those bullets touch Zachā€¦

3 Likes