Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Why does the upper half of my throttle do pretty much nothing? VX1 split PWM

I’m not sure if I am already going full speed, or something else is up.
It is weird to stop accelerating at just past half throttle.

We just wanted a photo for now, BRIAN. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

6 Likes

@b264
Why is that?
Seems Im a real Noob when it comes to electricity. When the resistor is connected by plugging in the Xt90s, the circuit is closed and so current flows through it.
The same happens when the Xt90s is always plugged in and you use a switch connected to it for example.
I see it has something to do with the first moment of contact, but how is the effect changed by just closing the cirquit via a switch rather than plugging the xt90s

I thought I would ride my build for the first time today. Went to fill up the tires and the valve stems are leaking where they go into the inner tubes. Six Shooters. Where is the best place to get inner tubes that will fit?

1 Like

The XT90S has two bands as you can see inside

So it connects the resistor only momentarily then shorts it out so it’s no longer in the circuit. The resistor is only in the circuit for a number of milliseconds while you physically push the plug in.

There isn’t an easy way to do that with a toggle switch, and I’ve only seen one custom slide switch that had a similar effect and heard nothing more about it since then.

4 Likes

Got it, so it’s the sliding in first contact having the resistance preventing a spark and the plugged in state being just shorted!
Thanks!

2 Likes

China or Dave as far as I know. That sucks.

1 Like

How many do you need? I may have 2 spares.

Damnit, I forgot about those phase wire extension too. I’m such a dick, sorry dude.

1 Like

No problem on the wires. I ordered the bullet connectors and soldered my own. Unfortunately all four inner tubes are leaking. Definitely a design issue with the opening for the stems being too tight and with a sharp corner on the inner edge.

1 Like

I’ll dig through mine, I think I only have 2 though. Another option is MBS wheels with Metroboard 155mm tires or TB Nummies. Both are good options.

2 Likes

Have you checked your Pulselength Mapping in ESC tool?

If you use RT APP data you can see what your ESC sees when you use the throttle, though I recommend setting Control Type to Off and writing it so your motors don’t spin up when you engage the throttle.

2 Likes

yeah I set the curve on both of them, I should just try redoing the wizards and see if it helps.

This is smart thank you

1 Like

Will these tires fit the Six Shooter hubs? It doesn’t list the width. I’m sure the inner tubes will fit but four inner tubes are $60 and inner tubes with tires are $99.

It would at least rule it out. Sometimes it’s something as simple as having forgotten to click write after applying the new Pulselength data.

When you turn RT APP on and see it move when you touch the throttle, at full brake and full throttle it should hit around 99% in each direction. If it’s not hitting around 99% at full direction, and coming back to around 0% when not engaged at all, then it needs to be re-done.

2 Likes

tayto deck, 184mm calibers, tb110mm wheels

how thick a riser do i need?

please spare me the expense of buying a variety of risers only to find none of them are perfect. i know y’all have been through this before and already have the answer at the tip of yo tongue

I ended up with 2 on/off switchs one on the unitly and one on bestech bms
I think I need to keep the bestech switch
Do I just loop the mom pins on the unitly

I don’t think the tire or tube works on 6 shooters. It’s on 5 in hub.

1 Like

Dude. ?

2 Likes

Sorry, voice recognition, was working on plumbing, stupid bathroom remodel.

2 Likes