Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Thats why i only started using foc back in november because i always feared killing my 4.12’s. I dared…and never looked back. I don’t even know anymore how bldc sounds… :man_shrugging:t2:

edit : i use it on 10s and 12s. Fat guy on mtb. Hills and offroading.

1 Like

you learn fast :rofl:

3 Likes

Well we are speaking about flipsky after all…

1 Like

Flipsky is like McDonald’s. You know it’s not healthy and not really tasty either, but you see yourself buying it again and again. XD

1 Like

honestly at 50 euros, they are hard to beat if you have reasonable expectations.

1 Like

@Niklas the N00b thread is the right place to be starting these “discovery” type questions. If i may ask when you land on your final ESC configuration would you mind posting this thread for others to reference?

i thought we had one for ESC settings as well but cannot immediately find it. if it doesnt exist i’ll create one later today

2 Likes

so how much did you end up spending in the end?

1 Like

i’m happy to stand corrected! glad to hear that foc works so well for many on 4.12

i often blame myself when things don’t work as they should, but in the case of 4.12’s i’m inclined to blame my hardware

2 Likes

Hi guys. Im just about to spunk about £200 on Flipsky’s 6384’s. Can I grab some last opinions beforehand and anyone aware of current shipping times?

Cheers.

I’m asking myself too… So:
180€ 10S3P Battery
100€ two FSESCs 4.12
125€ two 6354 motors
20€ Deck
50€ Caliber II trucks
30€ 97mm wheels + Abec 9 bearings
15€ Mini Remote
50€ enclosure (shipping was 25 euros from MBoards :frowning: )
35€ Charger 5A 10S
20€ connectors cables etc
I won’t include the broken Flipsky davega as for now…

~525€ if I’m not wrong :slight_smile:

Brah you in the UK. just grab the APS version 2 6384s for £90 each. no Import tax BS and get them quicker.

4 Likes

thats quite good. :+1:

1 Like

I grabbed 2 yesterday and was surprised to see shipping to the US was only £20.

3 Likes

Are you gonna battle harden them? make sure to post a review cos the price on those is unbelievable for us EU folks.

2 Likes

Looks good so far…well except the mboards part…

I just recently got a mini remote and i really like it. Although i find the trigger a bit tooooo sensitive so i put some foam inside the spring for the trigger, much nicer now with a bit more force.

1 Like

You mean the shipping? Or is it bad quality or something? :frowning:

Sound man. I had a look but they were only available on back-order. Will ask them what the ETA is…

1 Like

which enclosure did you get? and why didn’t you message big ben?

1 Like

it’s mboards :smiley:
Can’t tell you the quality but i assume it’s not the best i the world.
@mutantbass probably because of limited mula

1 Like

If I remember right it would be 50 pounds excluding shipping… Then I would need to drill holes, get screws etc.
Since I want to make the board idiot proof for the building part
I ended up getting this one:

1 Like