Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You should be fine, the unity is capable of a higher ERPM limit than a standard 4.12 VESC.

4 Likes

Dope, thank you!

1 Like

No worries, happy to help.

3 Likes

Both can work. I generally recommend positive, as you can just omit the lights circuit if unneeded.

2 Likes

I have one on the negative side

Is it necessary to switch it or should it be ok as it is

same principle. Should be fine on - but most wire it up to the Positive side of the leads.

1 Like

This isn’t that far out of a feature to support, this is something that the DIY EV guys are adding to first party closed source electric vehicle systems. I think it may need some hardware changes but I’m certainly not smart enough to know that

Two quick questions.

1. when setting the gear ratio in the metro pro is the format 1:xx. Or is it just xx. Example (1:2.6 or just 2.6) I mean 2.6 isn’t ratio but Idk not sure which way to set it and how important it is.

2. what does positive expo do in terms of setting your throttle curves, assuming that’s what it relates too.

Thanks as usual.

would this 2 pin GX16 plug be able to handle 5A? If not would a 4pin plug be able togx16 2pin plug

Yes; 7A continuous maximum

Typically GX16-3 connectors are used with pinout

Pin 1 - positive
Pin 2 - negative
Pin 3 - no connect

Don’t forget a fuse on pin 1 or 2

2 Likes

44° or 50° Trucks?
I know the pros and cons, but I didn’t ride an esk8 in my entire life, so I don’t know what’s arguibly better. Seems like 50° are standard, but you don’t go as fast on a regular longboard as with your esk8.

Btw: can I make a poll?

1 Like
  • No
  • Hell No

0 voters

a fuse for charging?

“Always fuse your chargeport”

6 Likes

rated for which amount of amps? the amount that the charger can supply?

go for 2x charger amperage

3 Likes

what’s the point of that? if the charger explodes or something?

Main point of the charger fuse is to save your battery from damage/explosion if the charger malfunctions or if the charge port has a short circuit.
Using a fuse that is 2x the rated amperage of your charger is usually a safe bet.

1 Like

ok thanks
should i put the fuse in the board? or i could connect it to the output of the charger

I’d put it on the board on the positive wire going from the charge port to the BMS