Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

:rofl:

I’ve heard of drywall tape and used it on my old house. But I’ve never heard of using it on an esk8 :rofl:

It might be a great idea…

1 Like

I’m split between:
Homemade
Learning the process
@eBoosted
Not having to deal with failure

1 Like

I think I might save to go for the proven enclosure but will still buy some stuff to test this theoretically feasible and cheap material

1 Like

If it was anything other than a trampa deck I would say go for your life but they have got to be the hardest enclosure to build. Start off with a nice simple design not one with segments and flex etc. Fuck that.

1 Like

what are loop key’s?

1 Like

Beat you to it Brian ha!

2 Likes

Have you thought about Kaly’s enclosure?

basically it’s a power switch?

No…have not…

Eboosted option will get me killed

2 Likes

Read through the whole thread. Its basically a way to completely disconnect your vesc from the battery so yes in a way its a switch.

1 Like

Nope it’s a plug you pull to cut current from your batteries

1 Like

You flip a switch
You push and pull a plug

1 Like

Mine worked out with shipping over 300 bucks aus. It was more than the deck lol
Kaly makes an abs version that fits a trampa I believe. Cheaper too.

1 Like

@Dareno Trampa holypro 35?

1 Like

Yah acts sort of as a switch but take a part out to leave it open also use antispark plug then it doesn’t spark when connecting or disconnecting just be sure it’s fully plugged in before pulling throttle or you will fry the resistor in the antispark plug. Regular switches and others made by people here typically have had issues with burning out eventually ( or immediately ).

1 Like

It’s not a “swtich” but it does the same thing that a switch does, except in an “antispark” manner with a precharge circuit and it’s way more robust than a switch for heavy usage without breaking.

Technically it’s a key or a plug but not a switch, as @Flasher mentioned. It’s more akin to pulling a power plug than turning off a switch.

1 Like

I said in a way you pedantic hockey loving fake american.

ooh. too much? :laughing:

Hockey is boring. Period.

1 Like

I beg to differ. Basketball is boring.

Just been on the website and I can’t find the enclosure now. He may have stopped production but send him a pm see what hes got.