Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

welcome, fantastic handle

1 Like

Andddd I just got it. :joy:

2 Likes

slo-and-steady

2 Likes

I bet you’re the kid who threw tomatoes at us while we bumped along in the short bus. You’re just lucky we all had asthma and were cowards.

2 Likes

@PatFussy

I reckon the enclosure would need a little work to make it fit, but your best bets would be

Rayne Demonseed
Rayne Nemesis
Landyachtz Switch
Landyachtz Switchblade
Bustin Nomad
Bustin Nobach

Loaded might have a drop deck too, but I don’t have one so can’t recommend. Pretty sure that all the boards I have listed there come in multiple lengths.

Good luck!

Your guide

for battery engineering

1 Like

hey can someone tell me how to correctly place the thermal pads on the 3dservisas dual focbox heatsink?

1 Like

Between the heat sink and whatever’s getting hot.

Seriously though, you want cooling on the FETs, the current shunts probably, and definitely the DRV.

1 Like

do you know the max width i can use on a 21700 battery? a bit smaller than the positive terminal

What’s the best way to adhere everything to a deck\ enclosure? Do you prefer Velcro or tape? Links are appreciated

screws/bolts

I think he means battery/vesc(s)/receiver. For which 3M Dual lock is kind of amazing.

4 Likes

possibly fixed the issue. I changed the Motor pulley again to a new one and currently test it out, so far no weird sounds from it.

1 Like

How do i know when my motors switch from sensored to sensorless?

At roughly 35km/h i feel a small jolt like shifting gears with forward momentum. I want to know if the jolt is caused by switching to sensorless or if it’s the 2 shunt design of the vesc 4.12

how do i know if i reached 200/2500erpm

2000ERPM is around 4kmh, the transition is almost unnoticeable. Jolt is throttle interpolation but you can make it smoother changing the throttle curves.

1 Like

thats what i have set

the acceleration is smooth from 0-100 except that one point where its like i activated a tiny turbo. If i passed that spot its smooth again.

edit : it happens at around 55-60% duty cycle

I normally mess with the graph with the exponential line on the PC VESC tool, no idea how you’d change that on metr.

My throttle curve looks like this. (found a random graph on google that looks similar) Mine isn’t as aggressive as the picture. And yes the orientation is correct, i flipped the image on purpose so it looks like mine

2 Likes

My trick is to taper the last 75% so that it’s a very gradual increase and so when the 2 shunt limitation kicks in it’s a little bit less aggressive of a change. But you already have that so I don’t know why its messing with you.

2 Likes

When I’m back home from my ride i can show you my actual stuff. Maybe that helps

1 Like