Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

i pulled that screencap from the ā€œboard manualā€ at https://www.mbs.com/manuals

look iā€™m not gonna defend mbs on this, their documentation is piss poor, aspects of their design are poorly thought out, their production and quality assurance is horrible, and their tech videos feature some guy high as fuck stumbling through gibberish

but i love their trucks they are cheap and durable, unlike skateboard parts

2 Likes

So now that i got my mini and gt2b remote i need some advice how to utilize the most of the remotes.

i already found the guide on how to pair and set a failsafe.

is there anything else i need to know? Tips and tricks? Can i remote the knob from the mini remote?

Hi guys, just wondering what foot straps people use for off-road boards? Ivā€™e seen the MBS F5 Bindings but donā€™t really want to spent Ā£50 yet. What about toe and heel straps?

Cheers.

3 Likes

Hey guys!

So Iā€™ve been out of the loop since the end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 I donā€™t remember. Saw a thread the other night where one of the mods was restoring stats from Builders and was hoping someone can direct me that way so I can post around a little more freely again :slight_smile:

Hope everyoneā€™s been doing well, and excited to start building again!

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

@Owen

5 Likes

I was only really active for about a year so iā€™m not bothered about trust levels necessarily. Is there any way of duplicating my build thread or should I create a new one?

Just click on EDIT, copy everything and paste it here ^^

The pictures need to be reuploaded

6 Likes

What do you use the bearing in the motor mount kit for? @dickyho

Awesome thanks man, I was searching with the wrong terms

1 Like

Has anyone ever tried to use some thick, adhesive-lined heatshrink tubing as actual enclosure for the under-deck(flexible trampa) battery pack?

Iā€™m thinking of making 3s3p groups of batteries and connect them in series inside the enclosure for airplane travel, but first i want to know, if i use both contacts of a xt30 connector, can it theoretically carry 60A?

Looking to build a diy belt driven board for around $400, I already have a 10s3p battery, any recommendations? I would like to hit atleast 25 mph, my last board I accidentally sent into the depths of the ocean and I miss it, if I build a new one quick enough maybe I wont think about it.

1 Like

Got you. Level matched with .builders and good to see you here with us!

1 Like

Welcome, Derrick. I bumped your account so you can message and post freely. Weā€™ve recently started a budget build thread which may be of some help:

2 Likes

I had the f1s and they were OK for street riding and light offroad. The f5s are so much worth the money I cant even stress it enough. I bought them the day after I tried them at the track and threw them on my board before a race I loved them so much.

Start off without the heelstraps and buy them later on. Makes the price a bit better. Buy nice or buy twice is tough but true.

1 Like

In theory? Probably? I guess?

Iā€™d just use some 5.5 or 6mm bullet connectors - Nearly as compact as an XT30, and far more beefy.

1 Like

What is the pros and cons for a idler motor mount kit?

Pros:

• You can run looser belts, for lower rolling resistance and potentially less noise.
  • More belt teeth engaged with the motor pulley means less slippage, which means looser belts - See above.

Cons:

• Theyā€™re more expensiveā€¦? Sometimes? Maybe?
  • You have to buy longer belts.
  • They can sometimes be a little more difficult to adjust for proper belt tracking, I guess?
2 Likes

They also flex the belt backwards, which some belt construction does not like thatā€¦

3 Likes