Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yes, but they are not very good wheels.

3 Likes

With your battery and motors I think you wonā€™t see a difference between the V4 or V6 neobox; theyā€™re definitely powerful enough, and Iā€™ve only felt the power loss of V4 hardware on lower KV motors. Check the Neo thread to see when they ship, but IIRC it was at the end of April.

2 Likes

NOOB QUESTION: so do you run FOC or BLDC which do you prefer. Also does running either one of these affect if you run sensored or sensorless? Whatā€™s the difference between sensored and sensorless? Iā€™m assuming motors with sensors can still be ran in sensorless mode? What do you recommend? Thank you guys!:pray:t2:

1 Like

FOC is known to be more silent than Bldc.
No it doesnā€™t effect that as far as I know.
Sensorless motors stutter at very, very low rpm, so you normally have to push once before you can start your ride motorized. But that push can really be a little one, just so that you roll a tiny bit.
A sensored motor doesnā€™t have that issue. But a technology called HFI has the same effect as a sensor on your motor on a sensorless one. Yes, the sensor of the motors can just be not plugged in or you can configure it in the Bldc software. Iā€™m going to use sensorless motors. If youā€™re getting them along with your motor, itā€™s up to you if you use them. But the implementation of sensorless motors running like sensored ones, makes it obsolete for me zu have an extra cable.

Wait for someone to confirm or improve this answer though, please

Hereā€™s a great explanation video

2 Likes

Hi, have anybody tried applying a wrap on a longboard, And then have some clear glass grit on top?

1 Like

@sender does great fabric wraps with glass frit. Check out some of his threads and top photos via his profile

4 Likes

Iā€™m upgrading to matrix 2s from Chinese trucks. Should I use the angled riser on the matrix 2s? The deck is a mark one b stock. I care more about high speed stability than carving.

1 Like

Increase the angle of the truck for more turn from less lean. Do the opposite for the reverse effect. You could end up running one backwards in the rear to decrease angle and none or positive angle in the front for more control.

1 Like

Nah just use the deck riser pad. Iā€™ve gotten that setup up to 38mph with no wobz

2 Likes

Huh, Iā€™ve always thought it was the opposite.
So if Iā€™m understanding this right, the angle controls how much turn per lean you get and the blocks controll how hard it is to do it?

1 Like

I actually asked Joel about this the other day and he said there is no angular difference forward to back, it will only affect ride height a tiny bit as the hanger isnā€™t perfectly centered on the baseplate.

@Posterduck yes thatā€™s exactly right and a great way to state it

1 Like

Anyone see any signs of micro cutoffs in this?

I am near the stage of my build where I will want to start conformal coating things. I have a bottle of 419D on the way, per the recommendations here. How do you apply it? I was thinking disposable foam brushes?

2 Likes

The good stuff came with a brush built into the cap, so maybe cheap paint brushes as foam might tear?

1 Like

Gonna be building a 20s10p 30q. Anyone got an idea what nickel I should use? And does anyone have nickel and fishpaper to spare? Corona has waiting times going crazy

Does it look like the axles are in far enough on these matrix 2 trucks? I really dont want somthing happening like a wheel falling off when Iā€™m going fast.
Also, is the bearing supposed to stop at the lip or go past it? I just want to make sure I get everything right.

Ace, or even better, if you have an ā€œOrchardā€ hardware chain in what-ever town youā€™re in they have an AMAZING supply of Metric Fastners!!

1 Like

How do you post videosā€¦

yup I dunno

yup I wanna know

Consult the Oracle: @Venom121212

1 Like

thats you just sweeping my important question under the rugā€¦

thankyouverymuch

Help, please @Venom121212 how do I post vids to esk8.news???