Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I mean, the pricetag is pretty similar all told.

1 Like

Ahhhh Iā€™d say gaming stuff is wayyy higher for top of the line stuff. I mean, whatā€™s a top of the line ESC run? Under $1kā€¦ A RTX titan graphics card puts a $2500 hole in your pocket and youā€™ve only got 1 part out of 10 to complete itā€¦ Then an i9 puts another 1k down, start tacking on water cooling and before you know it, youā€™re 10k in and you havenā€™t even bought any games yet.

3 Likes

Iā€™d rather do hookers and blowā€¦ thankyouverymuch

2 Likes

Is this corrosion? If so, can these be salvaged or cleaned. Solder joints look good

So there used to be an outstanding guide on threading inserts for enclosures and I canā€™t find it for the life of me now! Can anyone find me the link? Promise I looked, maybe Iā€™m just unresouceful

1 Like

this one?

I put in ā€œinsertsā€ in the search function on the main pageā€¦ second entry down then I stoppedā€¦

3 Likes

I dunno what it isā€¦ maybe left over flux from when they were solderedā€¦ clean them up with iso alcohol and reheat shrink if the soldering looks good

1 Like

Spring trucks. What angle gets the most carving? 30, 35, 45? From what Iā€™ve gathered, 35 is best. Just wanna verify

Question: does a heatsink plate have to be mounted through the enclosure or is it still useful within the enclosure

2 Likes

Still useful since it draws heat and radiates it out/away.

6 Likes

Thankyou !! Whatā€™s the best way to mount it? Fins down or upwards towards the vesc ?

1 Like

Fins out. You want as much contact area as possible with the heat source.

2 Likes

and maybe you want to use heat conductive paste for better results!

3 Likes

Appreciate this help. I got a hummie deck so Iā€™m mounting to the board since it has a cutout. Since Iā€™m doing I have to find a way to stick the fins to the deck ha

1 Like

Mini remote all day long. The travel length on the trigger is very long and allows very precise control.

3 Likes

The TB6380 :rofl:

In all seriousness though as @Niklas said, ā€œbetterā€ is a vague word. Tell us more about what you want.

Are you using two motors or one? Dual 6355 is underrated imho. For a single, I would use bigger than a 6374. Dual 6374 is almost overkill in a lot of scenarios.

It really all depends. On a lot of thingsā€¦ Tell us what you want.

1 Like

Thanks @kook, but thatā€™s not the one. It was a step-by-step guide, from drilling the holes, to putting in the inserts. I remember the main post had an EVO Falcon he was using as his demo. He detailed the hardware, which was M4 screws, and anodized washers and o rings and everything. Canā€™t find it anymoreā€“was it on the other forum?

I wonder if with 135 Lbs, 1800W of power with a 15T/36T ratio and 170KV is fine. Would you also recommend me to go 6380 instead of 6374? I canā€™t even max out on the motor because my VESCs bottlenecks at 50A whereas my motor would take up to 120A

There are some 3d printed mods for this remote that make it even better.

1 Like

have you considered two smaller motors?

2 Likes