Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

yes it happens when Iā€™m feathering the throttleā€¦goes away when I push all the way. Iā€™m running sensorless.

1 Like

Can you share a video of calibrating your ppm remote from the app?

And a screenshot of the motor config.

2 Likes

yea can do that, but not right now
first thing i will do tomorrow :+1:

@Deodand would you recommend after that to upgrade my firmware ? should be a few weeks / months old

1 Like

I will reccomend everyone to upgrade in a couple weeks once we get some quirks ironed out. For now unless you want to help us refine it and test then do not update.

3 Likes

i dont have metr so i dont think i would be a very valuable tester, but if im mistaken there i can gladly help out

I donā€™t think a metr is needed. If you just download this latest tool and give it a go that is always helpful, but as I mentioned its still in testing face so you might run into something weird. Just be aware you are accepting an amount of risk trying something new. So far my testing looks good but your mileage may vary. Also, you can revert back to the unity FW at any time.

5 Likes

i will give it a go i guess, allways wearing full protection and with the recent stuttering im riding very aware anyways :+1:

will still do the video tho before i update

2 Likes

Yes if the stuttering persists across FW update Iā€™d take a hard look at the remote signal your remote is sending.

2 Likes

@janpom
Where can I (I guess itā€™s the COMM port on the VESC with 7 pins for me) some male and female headers in order to make a extension cable :slight_smile:

search ā€œjst-ph 7pā€ on aliexpress

3 Likes

Does anyone know of press-fit, kegel-core wheel pulleys will work with @torqueboards 218/220 trucks?
edit: just found this: Torque board question
Are there other options besides Janux?

Pretty positive the 3DServisas ones do as well

Vesc 6, should traction control be enabled on both vescs or just one ?

1 Like

Not a noob Q, but donā€™t want to make a dedicated thread:

Hummie deck. TB110 wheels. What drive-train would you guys recommend?

Board will be going up and down curbs a lot, and for a friend, so I donā€™t want to do maintenance once itā€™s set-up. Is direct drive my best option for clearance? Problem is that I couldnā€™t mount it drop-through :confused: (Unless I go DKP, but that would look too long I think) What would you guys do?

Iā€™ll tell ya what I thinkā€¦ but your probably not going to like itā€¦

direct-drives arenā€™t really suited for that in all reality, all that unsupported-cantilevered weight on the axle can be very problematicā€¦

2 Likes

Is that actually an issue in reality? Donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any bent TB DDsā€¦

well think about itā€¦ youā€™ve seen bent trucks, now take away almost all the hanger and replace it with a non-structural motorā€¦

i donā€™t know if itā€™s me or a language deal, but from where I come from up and down curbs means jumping, like at least one axle leaving the groundā€¦

I donā€™t jump in reality, but I have bent an axle, however not a TB DD

iā€™m just saying

4 Likes

Tbf I think my friend weighs less than @DerelictRobot, so if theyā€™re good enough for him, they should be good enough for my friend.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s the good stuff

Also read this :sunglasses: