Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You don’t want to use 3M belts, those will cause you problems.

Which problems to be exact? :frowning:
Would be great to understand!

I think that’s really up to you - most people like to have it separate I guess, as your standard charger will be a DC plug an you probably work with a Xt60 for usage. You won’t do both simultaneously so I guess it’s just a matter of personal liking

Correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

@Niklas I would target a top speed of 40km/h

There is a calculator linked in the top bar.

30km/h is not enough. 35 might be. 30 isn’t.

Above 45km/h, you’re just adding unnecessary danger and lowering your range significantly.*

*this is my own opinion, based on facts and experience

6 Likes

3M belts will be impossible to service – because ALL esk8 parts on the market are 5M – and are much more likely to skip when braking.

If you want to build a board that is unserviceable, then buy a Meepo because that’s almost the same thing. You can’t really upgrade or change anything on those except replace the entire drive train, which is a situation you will get closer to by using 3M belts. Also 3M belts suck for braking.

4 Likes

Alright, thank you!
Isn’t that a great deal for a single motor build?

1 Like

A single 6364 is the smallest I would use for a single, yes. The brakes will be weaker but acceptable. I would not use that with 3M belts though.

1 Like

yeah it is. i would also look at this too

1 Like

@Niklas you could sell the spare motor and that would finance the esc. then you would just need a battey

A 6374 or a 6380 will work better on a single though

3 Likes

Using a single motor that is too small, the first thing you will lose is quality braking. You will have enough acceleration and top speed.

1 Like

No I would buy an 5M one :slight_smile:

This would fit perfectly with the motor right?
And the flipsky 4.12 too?

If so, I would have all my parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep! that’s all you need really. the wheels will be aa bit meh though

1 Like

Yes that will fit and be serviceable

Did I miss something? I thought this deal is for drive trains and not a complete build…?

1 Like

just note that you are going to pay a hefty tax invoice when that goes throught customs. at least 30 euro

no i meant i agreed with what you said :wink:

@Niklas why don’t you just grab the exway flex? at 500 euros, you don’t have any margin for error and even if you got everything perfect, you won’t be able to match the exway flex. look around for a coupon and you can snab it for ~500 euros

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend a 12s charger that doesn’t come with free fireworks and ships to uk in a reasonable time?

1 Like

Well, I enjoy building stuff :slight_smile: and upgradability is always nice to have. I could also just buy a
Apple, that’s right

1 Like