Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thatā€™s assuming 90mm wheels?

10S on 15/40 with 107mm or 110mm wheels moves my fat 210 lb ass around town just fine. With one motor.

1 Like

I will reupload later when I get home. I think Iā€™m just gonna load everything up in my Google drive.

@b264

Do you have the link on how to quickly check the motors by shorting the phase wires? I cant seem to locate it from here or on builders.

My ninja search skillz arenā€™t working. Thanks

1 Like

But thatā€™s only a measly 23 mph top speedā€¦whereā€™s the fun in that?

2 Likes

Anyone remember who had the mountainboard question where one side would randomly spin backwards? It was in the last few days I think

Mine go a lot faster than 23mph (37km/h), and thatā€™s on 170Kv

24 at full battery I guess

More like 26.6mph (42.8km/h) loaded and 29.6mph (47.6km/h) on the bench

If you click on the calulator at the top, itā€™s actually the default setting

170Kv 10S, 110mm 15/40

1 Like

Wait I had the AT efficiency plugged in, Iā€™m dumb and blind

1 Like

Can you expand on that? Are you saying that adjusting the battery regen voltage will affect braking at high speed more than at low speed? I havenā€™t got that straight in my head yet. Which charging and amperage limits translate to the mechanical ā€œam I going to face plantā€ part of braking.

1 Like

Adjusting the ā€œbattery minā€ voltage current will affect braking at high speed more than at low speed. Adjusting the ā€œmotor minā€ current will affect low-speed braking more than high speed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clear answer and the correction on voltage. I got it right once and wrong once. Iā€™m a mechanical guy at heart. I tell people after 25 years of working with antennas I have learned how to spell RF.

4 Likes

On Mouser I see that XLR connectors only support up to 50v, would that make them a poor candidate for charging my 12s7p 30q board? What do you guys use for charging 12s boards?

@Sn4Pz
You could go xlr if you take the right one.
http://www.switchcraft.com/Documents/switchcraft_sealed_xlr_npb_604.pdf
It has a vrms of 125
I personally just went xt90 with 10 awg cus I like going overkill

I canā€™t go xt90 as thatā€™s going to be my loopkey, and barrel connectors wonā€™t be able to handle 8a+

Not exactly sure how vrms worksā€¦ Iā€™ll keep searching

Go xt90 for loopkey and xt60 for charging? They even have a mountable version :slight_smile:

12s6p 30q pack. 4a charger in the mail. Might want another one for on the go. What is the biggest i can go in amps to charge it faster without ruining my pack?

Technically you can charge at 2 C, or 24A with that pack, but I wouldnā€™t go that high unless absolutely necessary. 12A would be okay