Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Piece of wood clamped to the opposite side and use a step bit to get to the final size you want. Step bits work wonders when you’re scared of breaking or blowing out a hole

4 Likes

And also, if you have strong and steady hands, look at using a Dremel for the non circular holes. Draw what you want on the piece with a white crayon and remove till you’re satisfied with it.

1 Like

can I get a picture of where the bearing rides on that shaft, is it worn at all?

Drill carbon in stages, small bit at first. A regular jobber bit runs the risk of grabbing the final layer of carbon and shearing it. Drill from finish side first for a clean entry. The exit is always more messy. Use cobalt bits, HSS will dull through carbon like cheese. Ideally use tungsten carbide bits but nobody has those laying around. Drill carbon as if you are drilling iron, low to medium speed, firm pressure, relax before exit. Spray plenty of water, do not let carbon dust float around, that stuff wrecks your lungs. Carbon is usually milled underwater.

4 Likes

does someone have a simple explaination or link to a thread about what rkp dkp and tkp are and why should i care

also could someone make a thread on it

Glossary has it:

3 Likes

does anyone know if these wheels will fit @dickyho 6x2 hubs?

Wait will these fit on bergs hubs? They looks solid.

No I don’t think they will, the 6x2 hubs are too wide

2 Likes

Are there any Evolve R2 esk remotes except for that 250$ maytech one?

I want to try dual trigger instead of scrollwheel.

edit : just saw that the maytech remote is currently down to 79$ :thinking:

edit: meh plus 28$ shipping and probably import duty/tax

1 Like

want to test trigger?:wink:

Yeah, i have the urge to try something new. 4 years of Wheel remotes. I’d prefer seperate triggers but might give single a shot.

or maybe the famous mini remote…

2 Likes

gt2b :+1:

but only if i mod it.

1 Like

waaaay to bulky for my liking.

1 Like

The maytech remotes damn nice, my buddy uses the OG one for efoil.

1 Like

Bit of a derp here, higher gear ratio means lower speed right ? And by higher I mean 1:6 is higher than 1:5

3 Likes

I believe this is correct. Higher the ratio the more torque but lower top speed.

I’m sure there is a bunch of other stuff that smart people will chime in with.

But for the most part you are correct.

2 Likes

Hey all, this is entirely a noob question. So my roommate is selling his old longboard battery, and we are both unsure if its too strong for my current motor/vesc setup.
Its a 36v 10S4P 18650 battery, and I have this VESC in my board. https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/543536774
The original ESC broke so I replaced it.
I have a single 350w brushless hub motor if that is important.