Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Got it. Just wanted to check if i reached top speed today.

↑ (this is gold by the way)

continues to push the mountainboard. Nothing to see here.

5 Likes

So I need to get this motor shaft removed… pretty sure loctite was used when it was put on. Am I gonna need a torch to heat this thing up to remove it. Pics for reference. Thanks a lot

EDIT: got it out plz ignore

2 Likes

I did run the motors on the vesc tool and I unplug the motor sensor
and I had on blcd just because is was showing as sensorless on the vesc tool but even without the sensors still have the same problems. Takes a bit to start going and makes a huge noise as well. Any idea what could be ? I used some xt30 for extension on the motor cables and ordered extra cables for the sensors.

Yes, you will have those problems unless you have both A: connected the sensors, and B: done a sensor detection, and C: set your vesc to sensored hybrid mode. Sensorless motors always behave like that from a standstill. The only other way around is to give a little kick when you’re starting.

XT30 connectors are only good for 30A (it’s in the name). Don’t use them for more current than that. Either use MT60, MR60, or bullet connectors.

1 Like

how can i make a post? cant find the button :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome @Freefly ! you likely cannot open a new thread b/c you are new to the forum. one of the mods can help you

while you are waiting on your improved level why not drop by this thread and introduce yourself

@anorak234 @BillGordon @Dareno @jamie @mmaner @Sender @Zach

2 Likes

Hi Remo. I bumped your account so you can post and message right away.

Welcome!

To start a thread, click the esk8.news logo and select the “new topic” button top right:

1 Like

You are getting too fast, hombre. Thanks.

6 Likes

as i tell my wife - everything is a race and i’m going to win no matter what happens

5 Likes

So that’s why you always come first :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I am clapping right now. Don’t focus on the fact that I’m not wearing pants.

4 Likes

Sure no problem

Then consider adopting this strategy

4 Likes

If you’re going to use sensors, then yes hybrid mode is what we use.

However, I suggest physically cutting off the sensor wires entirely and running unsensored.

Either:

Ackmaniac 3.103 “BLDC” “unsensored” mode (rock solid, no bugs)

or take your chances and run a new @Trampa version like 2.03 + 4.2 and run “FOC” in “HFI” sensor mode

But either way with no physical sensors wired to the ESC from the motor.

I wouldn’t run Trampa firmware unless you need HFI.  And I would recommend using HFI.

edit: I’ve been testing 2.03 + 4.2 for a while now and the only bug I’ve found is related to reverse on unsensored BLDC mode, so you’re unlikely to find it following my advice. Don’t roll down a hill “switch” (backwards) on 4.2 in BLDC with a max (min) reverse speed set, or you’re royally fucked

2 Likes

Will they remove STDs from the

you know what, nevermind

5 Likes

HFI?

I use ackmaniac (don’t know what version, the one recommended for Mac) and plan on riding with foc, with hall sensors hybrid … why is that wrong?

If you run sensored FOC, you don’t need to worry about HFI.

4 Likes

I have my metr connected to UART (master) and my DavegaX to my AURT (slave)

Davega is all good
Metr doesn’t show live data

LEDS are both blinking and app says connected

Do I need to change something in vesctool?

I already send message to Dario, but I thought maybe someone that is now online knows this??!!

It’s not wrong. Some folks do not care to rely on sensors in the motors.

HFI = High Frequency Injection: this method is able to detect the rotor position without sensors while the motor is not moving

3 Likes

What vesc are you running again?

edit : maytech superfoc 6.8

Superfoc