Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I saw the maytech and they are soooo expensive, but I figure people recommend them for a reason so I’ll think about it, thanks !

damn these look awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

looks like ill give them a shot :+1:

We would not leave him out. He’s killing it with his group buys and he was one of the prize sponsors for Build of the Year.

7 Likes

But where is it though?

1 Like

I’ve got a bunch of these motors, and they’re really not bad apart from the iffy sensors. The ones from Nexus differ from the ubiquitous C6374 because he battle hardens them.

4 Likes

Yup, I read it as Vendor Rating. I smoke crack.

1 Like

Got it…i always used these as a reference but they didn’t seem to get updated.
(ok, the first one is just a discussion) The second one is the one i 'm referring to, same as @BbsMentos

1 Like

I was looking on this one for some reason :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, we have to consolidate. I blame @ShutterShock even though he did nothing wrong and worked hard on the TVL.

5 Likes

Looking for any suggestions trying to get dickyho wheel pulleys to fit onto TB 218 trucks. I’ve seen some people file/grind their trucks down to fit. Has anyone tried milling the ID enough to make them work?

1 Like

Jup did that but can’t really recommend it. The fit of support bearing will be worse, depending on how you do it just flops out if you turn the pulley over.

I did that because i didn’t want to file my brand new trucks.

any one know of a way of checking for an internal motor short before plugging it in…besides the hand test.

Do I need to order a new BMS and BT dongle or might there be a way to fix this?

what eggzakery are you looking for?
you can check continuity of a phase with a common Volt-Ohm-Meter continuity = complete circuit = good… connect the VOM between phase wires (phase)a+(phase)b b+c c+a follow?
and a phase wire shorting against the stator or the rotor or shaft here continuity = complete circuit = bad (phase)a + shaft/can etc. b… etc…

checking if a winding on a stator tooth is shorting against an adjacent stator tooth winding is a whole other ball of wax…

hope this helps

2 Likes

i don’t follow exactly…ohh ok i get it, thx bruh

1 Like

Heyy there don’t be rude! That took me many hours! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am totally open to updating things on it, when I made the list, Anubis was not a vendor nor did he have a website - unless somehow I missed him.

To improve consistency, I will make sure that my list matches the voting thread that Bill created! I apologize for any confusion caused @BbsMentos - I will fix that during this week of boredom stuck in my house.

6 Likes

Hi there, two questions:

1. Would wrapping my ESC in electrical tape cause any heat issues?
  2. Anyone know of any DIY XT90 cap options? I want something to plug my loop key slot when I don’t have the key inserted, for safety.

Just yankin’ your chain, as we’re really glad you put that together. But the update sounds great.

1 Like

long time listener, first time n00b caller:

Is it ok to esk8 in the rain with an umbrella?

thanks

3 Likes