Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Quick question, I just checked out the Enertion Unity app. It doesn´t mention anywhere the vesc tool where it is a derivative from. How can that be???

enertion lies because they don’t want to fulfill their legal obligations to release the source code

TLDR; they break the law

1 Like

Gotcha, okay this now makes sense!

So your battery can accept up to 5A continuous but you can set your motor current max brake higher.

@MysticalDork did I finally get this right? :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.ebay.com/i/254217421089?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=254217421089&targetid=541453968452&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9019794&poi=&campaignid=1881505361&mkgroupid=70176756156&rlsatarget=pla-541453968452&abcId=1139336&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMJ7wRSgRB9JoI9ZRMbwgJmw24F_ExQb8LRwpCR_oXnHbtfv3PLHrjRoC-5MQAvD_BwE

What is your guy’s opinion on this, i have been told its a good thing and a bad thing. If this isnt the best option what else should i use? not a fan of the loopkey bcuz i want an antispark

There aren’t really any “good” antispark on the market right now. The best one is out of stock and the other good ones are all in design/prototype/testing phases. So, none commercially available, but some are open-source if you’d prefer to make one.

Loop key is still the best, for a short time.

You can use an AS150 like @deckoz did.

ok, the problem for me is im HORRIABLE at soldering and theres no way in hell i would be able to make a loopkey and a triple adapter(xt60 to xt 90 to xt90) for me its not worth buying all the connecters as well as the wire needed so i thought this would just end up being cheaper.

Then use anything except DIYE :smiley:

1 Like

ok haha what do u think of the mboards one

If you wanna try an anti spark maybe hit up @ARetardedPillow
He makes one he’s been running at 13s.
I have one too that im yet to install.
Think @mmaner is gonna test one soon too.

1 Like

Bestech BMS’s that feature a separate charging and discharging port seem to pass the regen current through the same path as the discharge. This means than they can handle a lot more (up to 80A in your case) regen current than their charge rating.
I have set my regen at 20A per vesc so a total of 40A when my BMS is limited to 20A charging with no problems.
Be careful though and do your own testing.

1 Like

Definitely not the mboards one. Its exactly the same as the diye even though Mike promised to stop selling that crap. He just buys their rubbish in bulk and sells it on to unsuspecting people.
The safest switch I have used is the luna. It will fail eventually but it fails open so no sudden loss of power to ruin your day. You are seriously better off taking @Skunk advice
I’m soon to be testing out the ebmakers switch too so I will keep you posted on that.

ya im talking to @ARetardedPillow he said he can make me his antispark switch he uses, thats what skunk recommended me so i think ima go with that

2 Likes

Safest route until @b264 gets off his lazy ass and makes a bullet proof one. We need to campaign for this to happen so feel free to bombard his pm box.

1 Like

Feel like I’ve been lucky with the XT-90 antispark loopkey, I only fried one so far and was due to not plugging in all the way and running the motor.

Guess I typically don’t draw as much current as a lot of people here just running single drive and tame settings, maybe that’s the difference or just been lucky.

haha good idea

1 Like

Are we talking loop keys or actual anti spark switches here? Whats your set up?

What the hell, fu´´sc´´´. That´s insane… Why nobody does sth against them breaking the law?

Oh just loop key thought @b264 was saying they are good for only a short while maybe misunderstood though might have meant regarding antispark switches.

1 Like

How do Evolve/boosted/enertion/Wowgo etc. then have a reliable antispark?

1 Like