Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

As a general rule of thumb, pouch style RC lipo cells really need to be babied more than cylindrical li-ion cells. You wonā€™t instantly kill them by going all the way down to 3v/cell, but you will hurt their (already somewhat limited) cycle life. Iā€™d recommend staying above 3.5-3.6v with lipos, and above maybe 3.2v on cylindrical cells.

1 Like

Has anyone tried velcroing everything to the deck including the enclosure? thinking of going lazy on my next build and basically turning the underside into a velcro carpet :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

i did that but velcro is not strong enough by itself it is useful for keeping cables down though and holding the vesc in place

1 Like

Hey guys,
I am trying to set up a VESC for the first time using the VESC-tool. However I am having issues updating the firmware. When i plug the vesc in i get a prompt telling me to update the firmware. When I go to update it the update starts and after 10 secounds i get a promt saying ā€œErase timed outā€. I canā€™t seem to figure out whats wrong. I have a maytech v4.12

1 Like

anyone know hobbyking mount centre to centre distance?

Newest Vesc tool? I had the same issues, and went back to the safety of 0.83 immediately.

You can find it or newer versions here:

1 Like

wondering how much range i can expect from a 12s5p 30q with 6x2 aliexpress wheels

i need 30miles around and have a cutoff at 34v

do you think i can make it on a relatively new pack

if you were to do 15Wh/km you could get 43km ish of range. probably more if you have flat roads and donā€™t weight much (less than 62kg)
to acheive 30miles you would need 13wh/km average on the calc.

2 Likes

weigh less and currently doing 26wh to the mile with half flat wheels

what do you think if i pump them up and ride cleverly

whatā€™s that in Wh/km lol?
i donā€™t know how to make the conversionā€¦ well i think i do lol hang on

2 Likes

so you currently do 41wh/km?? youā€™ll not have a chance if my caluculation is right

2 Likes

no do 16wh per km

1 Like

oh lmao i multiplied :rofl:
yeah you should be able to do that

1 Like

I get 12-17Wh/km and reach 20-27km with a 12s1p lipo. Cutoff at 42/40v. And i weigh double as much.

10s4p 30q gets me around 20ish km. (although i ride fairly agressively)

1 Like

Awesome iā€™ll try that! Thanks

so you think i should be good its around 50km

1 Like

Probably. Pump your tires up more, donā€™t race the cars and you are proooobably fine.

4 Likes

It works now! Thank you so much:D

2 Likes

what are the pros/cons of 2 x single escā€™s over a dual? been looking at the neobox dual or 2 neobox v6ā€™s, price suggests just 2 v6ā€™s, but maybe im missing the benefits of a dual systemā€¦

fair question and everyone has their own opinion and here is mine, iā€™m ignoring cost as that can fluctuate.

2x single
Pros: if an issue arises in one you are able to pivot to single motor temporarily.
Cons: potential for single point of failure, sometimes a larger footprint than dual

1x dual
Pro: smaller foot print, some have integrated components like anti-spark
Con: potential for single point of failure.

3 Likes