Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I think they are 10mm, but as long as I use 8mm bearings I should be good right? Also, what kinds of bearings goes into these types of wheels? Just standard ones like zealous?

Never used pneumatics before :sweat_smile:

Evolve DKPs are 10mm spun down to 8mm at the hub. It’s only 10mm where the pulley sits. You should be fine.

4 Likes

Evolve stuff is not my specialty, I’d ask someone else.

@BluPenguin saved me, thank you.

2 Likes

while bergmeisters and evolve wheels all do well on an 8mm axle, I’m concerned that caliber II’s don’t have enough axle length for the hub and pulley. maybe the offset six-shooter hubs would work. I don’t know though I haven’t tried

edit: listen to this guy :arrow_down:

You could use bergmeister’s on a standard axle with a bolt on pulley

1 Like

Someone asked me this does anyone know the answer?

I have dickyho motor mounts, and I wanted to get belt tensioner. The issue is that dickyho is currently down. I have a bunch of extra skateboard bearings. They’re pretty simple, so I was wondering what I could get from home Depot to screw the tensioner in place?

@torqueboards why is there auto playing audio on your website that scares the f out of me, even though there is no video?

“Here we have the new 63… Motor” and then it cuts off.

2 Likes

@xsynatic thanks I’ll check

1 Like

errrr this isnt specific enough :rofl:

3 Likes

Not sure what other information I have about them
What else do I need to know

could someone explain how press-fit pulleys differ from regular pulleys. thanks

1 Like

Here’s a thread about press fit pulleys.

3 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

Press fit pulley have prongs that fit into wheel core. Regular pulley may use bolts or other methods

2 Likes

thanks, that clarifies a lot. so regular pulley’s usually have a bolt, whereas press-fits just slide on and aren’t secured with a bolt. whats the advantage of press fit, more space maybe?

1 Like

It runs true without much work since it rests on a bearing that’s on the axle.

2 Likes

There’s also bolt on pulleys that have integrated bearings.
The press fit ones have a cleaner look and make swapping pulleys a bit easier,
other than that they both do the job they are designed for.

Press fit pulleys and bolt-on pulleys that have integrated bearings need longer axles (e-caliber, TB218, BN220, 3DS fatboy, etc.) OR modification to the hanger, whereas bolt-on pulleys without integrated bearings usually work on normal hangers (Caliber, paris) without major modification to the hanger.

Press fit pulleys can be made to work with Caliber trucks but this means yo will need to extend the axle.
The easiest way to do this is to remove part of the hanger (usually with a dremel or lathe) to expose more of the axle inside the hanger.
There’s more info in the thread that @Linny linked to.

4 Likes

Push fit gently better tighter fit think precision trucks over cast.

Regular pulled often involve drilling out wheels and trying to bolt down a flat plate on to a wheel hub that is dished when it’s critical to get it perfectly perpendicular to the weheel

Push pullys have been designed to fit inside the hub to do this alignment for you but at the expense of cost

2 Likes

The only problem I foresee is hitting your foot on the wheel if you kick push. However, kickpushing is generally avoided with electric skateboards. I would not, however, put them the other way around.

Caliber II is about 184mm. The metric measurement (184mm) is the length of the hanger without the axles. The imperial measurement (10") includes axles.

2 Likes