Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Nope, connection seems to be ruled out because the bar is steady when I paired it with another VX1 remote that I haveā€¦

Maybe something in the remote itself but I do not know what is causing thisā€¦

I want to 3d print sleeves that go completely over my motor (to prevent debris and water from getting in)

Iā€™m concerned about the slots that are in the motors, would this mess up cooling?

1 Like

I printed myself sleeves a year ago, thats still the first set, no cuts or anything broken. Printed with flexible TPU in the mode ā€œSpiralise outer contourā€ (Vase mode) The motors definitely see an increase in temps but thats by all means not a huge margin.

Color is black because i only had white at that time.
I usually put them on if i know it gets dirty,muddy,wet or rocky. They just slide on and off.

8 Likes

What tolerance did you use? Iā€™m thinking just making the diameter 51mm for my 50mm motor so it slides on easily

1 Like

the torqueboard motors (6374) have a outer diameter of roughly 63.80mm The file i have from the sleeve is 64.14mm with a line width of 0.4mm, so technically 16mm per side (but somehow that sounds a bit much).

Canā€™t say 100% because i used different slicer settings back then.

I printed several prototypes to get the best fit.

2 Likes

Just wired up a new board and the charger is only charging @ 300mA. Iā€™m trying to figure out if itā€™s me or the hardwareā€¦ I have a smart bms wired charge-only to a 12S 10AH battery, and Iā€™m charging with a 12S 8A lipo charger (links below). I havenā€™t used this charger before, and I donā€™t have a power supply handy. The BMS app doesnā€™t appear to have any settings concerning charge rateā€¦ Could I be missing something obvious?

BMS:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32819508078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dMmR0ir
Charger:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824519129.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d6EMf4A

24hrs

8 Likes

Do I have any options for pneumatics/airless wheels on caliber II trucks? Or do I need to get a new pair of trucks?

1 Like

I use torqueboards all terrains on my caliber IIs, any non-trampa wheel will fit. bergs, trqbrds, 6shooters.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a first

3 Likes

Gotta keep it fresh.

4 Likes

Any clue if the evolve wheels will fit?

These ones:

1 Like

Yeah im pretty sure DKP trucks are 8mm so you should be good.

1 Like

I think they are 10mm, but as long as I use 8mm bearings I should be good right? Also, what kinds of bearings goes into these types of wheels? Just standard ones like zealous?

Never used pneumatics before :sweat_smile:

Evolve DKPs are 10mm spun down to 8mm at the hub. Itā€™s only 10mm where the pulley sits. You should be fine.

4 Likes

Evolve stuff is not my specialty, Iā€™d ask someone else.

@BluPenguin saved me, thank you.

2 Likes

while bergmeisters and evolve wheels all do well on an 8mm axle, Iā€™m concerned that caliber IIā€™s donā€™t have enough axle length for the hub and pulley. maybe the offset six-shooter hubs would work. I donā€™t know though I havenā€™t tried

edit: listen to this guy :arrow_down:

You could use bergmeisterā€™s on a standard axle with a bolt on pulley

1 Like

Someone asked me this does anyone know the answer?

I have dickyho motor mounts, and I wanted to get belt tensioner. The issue is that dickyho is currently down. I have a bunch of extra skateboard bearings. Theyā€™re pretty simple, so I was wondering what I could get from home Depot to screw the tensioner in place?