Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

How much does your board weigh
My setup seems like it’s about 50+ lbs.

If I have two single 4.12 vescs connected via CAN bus, can I use both uart ports? One for the remote and one for a davega display?

1 Like

Use this guy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8UTRJA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

1 Like

There are some extremely compact and highly efficient DC-DC converter modules out there designed for railway applications and the like, such as this tiny monster. 18-72v in, 5v 10a out, and up to 91% efficiency.

It’s even cheaper than that aliexpress item you linked, at a fraction of the size - 33.0 x 22.8 x 9.5mm.

5 Likes

Is the vesc-project page working for people? It’s completely dead for me. If possible, can someone direct me to some other firmware versions?

This what you’re looking for?

2 Likes

Thank you! But also on a separate note, is vesc-project down and if so why?

Not loading for me either. Maybe maintenance or something.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming! I think it’s been down all day. I tried earlier this morning and still nothing

If you are looking for Vedder version 4.1 and OS Linux, then I have a copy.

I also have Ackmaniac 2.54 for Windows and Linux and mac something

I also have Ackmaniac 3.103 for Windows (the Linux version is broken)

I mean if the site is down and you need something now.

4 Likes

we need a repository here

2 Likes

You can also go to github and download the source and compile it yourself but that takes longer than asking for it.

1 Like

Oh here is Ack 3.102 built for Linux

2 Likes

anyone know where i can buy replacement batteries from riptide boards? they are currently sold out on their website. preferably the R1X

Yes you can

1 Like

Having issues programming my remote. Remote programs and tracks fine while programming with the vesc tool but afterwards, the smallest throttle input results in 100% throttle. Any ideas?

Look at Duty Cycle, it just seems to automatically ramp to 100.

Anyone using this bms?

2 Likes

There is a thread on these, it’s not a BMS, it’s a charge balancer

I want one myself :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, kinda misleading they put bms in the title.

So it’s a Balancer, what’s the difference between this and a bms that balances? My first battery had the bms preinstalled, my second battery was just a temporary one the bms was damaged it was 10s2p so I just removed the balancer and ran it. My battery I’m building now is 10s1p. Trying to find a direction with bms/balancing. Budget and space constraints in mind.

1 Like

This will only do balancing. You don’t charge through it and you don’t discharge through it.
I have one and did some test with it; didn’t like it.
The balancing accuracy is pretty low. It will keep your highest and lowest P-groups within ~100mV, pretty bad.

edit: If space is limited, consider doing external balancing with no BMS/PCM onboard at all, that’s what I’m doing. Less stuff to break in the board too.

2 Likes