Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

gosh how long would those last 22x12 has smaller balls than i do

I dunno. I only put 20mi on them before switching back to pneumatics, and then I left them at my other place which I won’t see for another few months now…
Once I get them back and the season gets started, I’ll make a real attempt at wearing through them and update y’all.
Being able to run cloud wheels on a MBS mtb is pretty legit though…

1 Like

Did you try that yet? Curious what the motor temps are.

1 Like

Anyone might know why sometimes my data from my focbox might crash while riding?
I have a davega connected to my focbox, but sometimes when riding, it freezes, and stop receiving any data from the esc.
I also have a metr pro connected to the same esc, and it also crashes at the same time as my davega.
Although the data crashes, the whole thing still works fine, and I can still ride my board.
(Connecting both of the devices using a uart splitter)

Took it out just for like 20 mins temp got up to only about 93F. Which isn’t too bad. I personally don’t like AT wheels that much so I swapped them back to Tb110s.

So my sample size is pretty small. Although I was kinda surprised they worked so well with the 90kV motors.

1 Like

What charger and charge plug would you recommend for 10s at 8-10A? Need to charge 40Ah battery and not takie forever :smiley: Or would you rather wait for the Smart charger

1 Like

What pivot cups do v1.0/OG psychotiller/ABEC11
fleXL’s take? @RipTideSports maybe you know?

1 Like

Are Paris Savants worth the price? Are they good trucks?

I love Paris trucks, but never tried the Savants. I think I will get some for my neo hubs tho

Yep same. Such a mind reader :open_mouth:

The savants have been around for a loooooong time. I reckon that is a good indication that they are a good truck.

They also come in the sexy oil slick color :heart_eyes: who cares how they ride :joy:

1 Like

Anyone knows how to seal a GX12? Using it for charging but I dont want dirt and water comming in…

1 Like

Slash in the specs means no balancing

1 Like

can u stop reading my mind for god sake lol

1 Like

#Aliexpress AU $0.60 10%OFF | 1pcs GX12 GX16 GX20 Aviation Connector Plug Cover Waterproof cover Dust Metal/Rubber Cap Circular Connector Protective Sleeve
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dTWzSrf

1 Like

They should take our Randal Pivots

1 Like

What exactly are the keyways on the motor shafts for? Can’t you just screw the motor pulley screw into the spot where the keyway is supposed to be?

I have assembled my drive train but I don’t think I am using any keyway.

2 Likes

If your motor pulley has a notch, the keyway fits there and nestles into the rectangular depression in the shaft. You can also screw the grub screw into the shaft notch without the keyway, but that’s not as secure.

1 Like

I see. My motor pulley comes without a notch so I assume that is why I do not use a keyway. Might upgrade to one with a notch in the future then since it is more secure.

2 Likes

Looking to replace my motors and esc on my Ownboard AT board, I see Maytech has a sale on motors, but they have options with 8mm or 10mm shaft. Is there a preference people prefer? Pro/cons?

ESC choices is another tough one. Thinking about Flipsky 6.6 plus, but reading bad rep on them. Not sure what else is good out there that doesn’t take up much space.