Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

• ESC - nope
  • wheel pulley - other ratio but yes
  • motor pulley - nope (not anymore, stupid grub screw)
  • truck - nope…well street yes, AT no.
  • bearings - yes
  • belts - yes
  • charger - 10s yes but slower, 12s no
  • remote - different one yes
  • receiver - for the different one, yes
  • heatshrink/wire/bolts/solder etc - yes
2 Likes

Current gen Flipsky 6355 are good but not perfect, i have 8 of them in total and only issues with one. And that could because I dropped it on concrete. They are cheap and easy to fix. My next build I will use maytech I need more power and had too many problems witg flipsky 6374 these are the bad apple in my opinion. The 55 can be a tight on caliber Ii see my short build in progess the is about 2mm between the motors.

I would go maytech over flipsky,

1 Like

Might have found one of the reasons. The wheels i got seem to be crooked. They have the right bead, but the bead is higher on one side than the other. If i put the tire on a allen key, you can clearly see that it hangs slanted

Edit : And sure enough, the hubs itself wobble…
Just sent another mail to mbs with the new Infos. Last one was 3 ago, haven’t heard back yet.

5 Likes

thanks for the feedback. so you reckon a Maytech verison of the same Flipsky 6355 is likley to more powerful? interesting, i thought they would be more or less the same. also, what width belts are you using with that build?

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows what size the connectors are on the 270KV N5055 Motors from diyeboards found at their website which I can post the link for… I made the mistake of purchasing a 10s5p kit from them and instead I bought a focbox unity. I was also wondering if anyone can make adapters as the motor doesn’t connect to the unity. Any help would really be appreciated, have spent way to much time and money on this and it’s extremely frustrating.

2 Likes

are you referring to this motor:
http://www.diyeboard.com/270kv-n5055-outrunner-motor-1400w-for-diy-electric-skateboard-p-539.html

the specs say : motor bullet connector size are of 3.6mm4.8mm14mm, male.

take a look at the ESC wiki it lists the phase connector sizing for many of the ESC, unity included.

Unity comes with 3.5mm bullet connectors and there are spare male mating bullets in the box… cut the bullets off the crappy cheap motor, solder on the Unity male bullets, heat-shrink and ride…

1 Like

JC, you are nicer than i am, so i liked your post, un liked then reliked.

I tried the same… but left you wanting and your post got unliked as I apparently freaked out the site and got this…

You’ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 45 seconds before trying again.

1 Like

The size does not mean they have the same specs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Look here for example:

Maytech 6355 Specs

• KV: 170 or 190
  • Max. Current: 65A
  • Input Volt.: 2‐12s Lipo
  • Max. Output Watt: 3510W
  • Motor Weight: 610g

Vs Flipsky 6355

• KV: 160 or 220
  • Max Power: 1620W
  • Max Current: 45A
  • Max Volts: 12S
  • Weight: 1.259 lb / 0.572 kg

Maytechs clearly are better here because they can support much more A and double the W!. Also flipsky only have 2 kv options which are 160-220 which imo in either 2 high or 2 low for a small comuter. 190kv is better but but just depends on your gearing options in the end. Maytech also conformal coat their sensors so i water raches it they won’t die. Price is obviously double vs the 2 so if your roads are not rough, and you are not going very fast and don’t plan to ride in the rain (with thane you shouldn’t unless you like slippery slap falls), then flipsky will do fine. If you don’t want to pay twice in the long run get maytech motors from @EboardSolutions. He also has a warrenty on top i think and fastest shipping ever.

4 Likes

Another noob question:

What are those X things I see on a lot of builds?

4 Likes

X things :rofl: that is what they are called. A few people make them but the ones that stand out the most a @akhlut ones that can be found here
Stuff Akhlut makes

3 Likes

@Zach /mods there seems to be a problem ( unrelated to noob question thread so will delete this post once sorted)
When i mentioned @akhlut above this message comes up

That is not quite normal is it?

3 Likes

Yea but what’s their function?

1 Like

to avoid the srews digging into/damaging the deck. and to add style :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Luckily I’ve got a drop through deck so no worries :sunglasses:

1 Like

Then you need them even more. I wouldn’t have a dropthrough without a top plate or X protectors.

7 Likes

Don’t worry I have a drop through deck with evolve supercarve trucks

gotcha

6 Likes

I CANT STOP LAUGHING HAHAHAHA
Yea man they were the only option cuz any other truck on the switchblade will wheel bite unless you drill new holes and I don’t wanna hurt my switchbaby :pleading_face:

3 Likes