1 Like

Hello everyone!

I’m building an electric scooter with

24v 350W 12 inch BLDC Wheel
2x 12v 9Ah (in series) Lead Acid Batteries
4.12 50A VESC
“Single Way” Throtle (Conected in ADC)
Nrf51_Vesc

and apply some configs to get to work but i’m worried if i miss some configs, specially on the motor settings, can somebody tell me wich details i have to pay attention?

Having a Lead Acid Batteries, can i use the regen brake? how can i config the throttle to get a portion to acelerate and the another to brake?

Thanks in advance for any answer 0_<

2 Likes

Here’s another scooter-focused resource if you don’t get enough answers here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10

I’ve seen an aluminum angled riser on this forum that looked like it tore. sorry, I can’t find it right now. I think it might have been @Linny

2 Likes

yeah I remember seeing that too and I feel the general consensus there is that unless it was made of aluminum (not even wood was okay) vibrations and cyclic stress over time wear would cause failures. I ask here again because these are more beefy than what I remembered was posted. Also concerned about m4 bolts being a little bit on the thin side

Found it: Mounting non-MBS trucks on MBS board?

1 Like

That will fail so hard

3 Likes

Was this your max speed full throttle?

Check your erpm limit. You might be hitting it and should increase it.

You can increase braking by decreasing motor min from -60 to eg -80.

Batt min will effect high speed braking. Motor min will affect low speed braking.

Also if you are riding direct drive I’d recommend current app settings instead of current with reverse since it will improve braking.

1 Like

Could you expand on which type of failure I’m looking at? Is it the wedge shattering or the screw holes breaking or the screw itself shearing?

Never went that far while riding.

ERPM is 44563 (max speed is set at 50km/h) but i’m 10-15km/h below that.
Motor current max is 70a
Battery max 60a

Drive system is Belt 15/72

banding happened roughly between15:50 and 15:51 o’clock

Would you say 12mm is the widest you could get away with?

Yup, that’s how it works, pretty simple thing to use

Your throttle curve and ramping has nothing to do with it. High speed braking is more affected by adjusting regen, low speed by motor brake current. For a smoother transition either increase regen if possible, or lower motor brake current.

2 Likes

Let me check but brake regen is just -7

No. Only 9mm belts will fit unless you go with e-caliber trucks.

1 Like

ah ok, and with Torqueboard or Flipsky motors, do you know if can get any wider?

You most definitely can use 12mm with them as they are shorter than the 6355 sealed maytech motors.

1 Like

ok cool. thanks for the info. been checking out your Mighty Dwarf build, v nice :ok_hand: im planning a street build (my first) using a wolfshark deck, so checking out similar builds as a guide, yours is a good reference

2 Likes

One question. How good are your roads?
My advice is that if the answer is anything else but perfect, scratch your plans and start over with pneumatics.

2 Likes

the roads in London aren’t good, there are some parks that are nice, but on the whole no. having said that (and i know this sounds shallow), i just don’t like the look of AT setups. ive read of other people having same prejudice to begin with, then trying pneumatics and not going back to thane, maybe ill be that guy…but I just bought some blue Caguama’s, will go a bit larger if necessary, but want to make this build i have in my head first, then make changes if it doesn;t work out. thanks for teh advice though, i dont doubt the truth of what you say

1 Like