Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Care to reply @b264?

I used to tighten my back trucks up and on a couple skates I do but it all depends on the feel of that specific board. I’ve noticed that on all but some boards, a tight back truck can make me feel more wobbly. Like it’s got a dampened steering response.

3 Likes

I want to discuss when it make sense to use deck-mounted components instead of enclosure-mounted?

I mean this is deck-mounted:

And this is enclosure mounted:

1 Like

@Geo_Engineering_FTW
Any idea who makes them?

Think those brackets were fabricated by a BAEsk8 Group rider who posted the build in the old forum. Is a bracketed Predator Banshee. Go visit the group FB page and ask about them. Pretty sure it was made by one of their members.

1 Like

Hey guys!! Are @Boardnamics adjustable baseplates compatible with TB 218 trucks??

There is a possible firmware bug related to this. Might be better not to.

Hasn’t the firmware been updated since that? He’s on stormcore 100d

Some people have strong preferences here — but it’s my opinion that deck-mounting the parts is a relic of the legacy thermoformed ABS enclosures which were very weak and brittle. If you use a modern strong fiberglass enclosure, then I would not even consider board-mounting the components.

3 Likes

That was 12 days ago, I don’t know if that was looked into yet or if it will be

1 Like

Oh…saw 38 and didn’t even notice the change of topic… :rofl:

I’ll pass the message

1 Like

Thanks @pixelsilva , just applied for posting permissions… and if you happen to know of any other zero degree longboard brackets do point me in that direction -)

1 Like

Generally when the deck has a cutout in it it’s easier to put the stuff in there and stick the enclosure as a lid over.
But the mounted part is arguable… i wouldn’t bolt down my battery pack with straps knowing the shit roads i go through, but using anti-vibration foam all around until all the guts (or at least the dangerous ones) are compressed in the middle is ideal.

It all depends where the internals stay and how you can pop it open without spilling everything

2 Likes

A while back I saw someone putting together a kit of nuts and bolts and other parts that are useful to have extra of but I am having trouble finding it again. Does anyone know who was doing that?

1 Like

That was me, I’m not doing any more if them. Sorry.

2 Likes

Anyone know what this fault at the end of FW update is? Fw5.1 on fsesc 4.20+

1 Like

Oh ok. Yeah seemed pretty intense. Is there a list ofwhat was in it somewhere?
I thought it was a good idea then but I really realize how good it was after trying to find things that work myself

2 Likes

was a cool idea. sad to see it end.

2 Likes

are a pair of boosted motors that got growley worth anything?

one has obvious play in the shaft. so needs bearings or motor shaft maybe. the other made slight noises and my paranoia replaced it early.

are they recondition-able… worth anything?

1 Like

What are my options for pulley/Belt/motor guard? (The thing that covers the belts on pre-builds). My setup is dual 6375 the (new Flipsky 2020 Motors) 17t pulley and 12mm belts. Thanks

In the UK - so EU suppliers would be good

Usually fucked bearings are hard to pull out and the shaft gets worn down around those points as well. Can be replaced but by the time you did everything you were better off buying a new one

1 Like