Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

yes

2 Likes

I am thinking about a longboard deck (36’’ to 42’’) with a kicktail that can fit Psychotiller’s Altar Wedge Enclosure (I want to be able to rover over humps without scraping) and 85mm wheels with no 1/4 inch risers (minimal wheel bite if possible). I was looking at the LandYachtz decks but they seem too flexible. Do you guys have recommendations?

I don’t know my decks very well, but another option would be to grab a LandYachtz and skin it with some glass or carbon to make it more rigid.

2 Likes

I’ve got some chunky “100c” lipos that have had 1 very conservative 1c discharge cycle, so I’m gonna call that brand new. Bought for a flight-safe board but didn’t get the rest of the stuff in time for the trip so they’re not in use atm. The 4 of them gives me 355Wh, but I’m gonna run them in 2x6384s and I have a big enclosure so I’d like to double up in parallel and go to 710.

The same manufacturer still sells the same models and I only bought them in July, is batch variation or supplier weirdness likely to bite me in the ass if I order “matching” ones? I’d plan to put 1 new and 1 old in each P group so at least if there is a variance there isn’t one P group that’s significantly smaller or higher resistance than the others. Brand is Chinahobbyline, haven’t heard a huge amount about them but it’s all been fine up to very good

1 Like

I have one tire that’s slowly deflating over a few hours. I have tried changing the tubes I have made sure that nothing sharp is stuck between the tire and the inner tube. Using cleaver tires and the inner tube that come with them on MBS rims with moondrives. Anyone know what going wrong?

Have you submerged it in water to see any leaks?

My mbs tires also do lose some air over time (which is normal to some extent I believe)

What you can also do is remove the core from the valve

And put some PTFE tape around the thread and thread it inside again.

6 Likes

My dad uses that tape on 90% of the fittings he installs to be safe so I’ve seen it around a load, never realised it was PTFE

3 Likes

Has anyone run 190kv at 18s? 12k motor rpm 86k erpm…Any significant disadvantage doing so? Also interested what amps its running with what motor.

Is there any common flaws with 10S chargers ? I have 2 of them that stopped working (no exit voltage), is there a common error that happens often on these kinds of cheap battery charger ?

1 Like

some dude in a french esk8 forum is sellling chain kits. thats all the info I have about this, sorry.

@ethana4 https://www.overion.fr/produit/transmission-pour-kit-e-mtb/
this is the french shop. Apparently only 35t ant 42t

1 Like

Why does my Hoyt puck refuse to show me battery charge?
Supposedly the lights tell me how much charge is left in the remote but all it ever does is glow a sort of white with a multicolor tint.
Thanks

Latest firmware installed?

When pressing the power button once, what color does it show?

Dunno, i may have to check that.
It always shows that white / color glow, except when charging, then it can do red and green.

That’s how it should be when single pressing the power button.

Go ahead and update the firmware, then check again.

Will do after work, thanks.

edit: That did it, thank you!

2 hub motors with cheap chinese esc or 1 motor belt drive vesc driven?

Actually, you can buy chain stuff from etoxx @nowind too

2 Likes

Hitting the craft store today to hunt down some glass frit, shipping times were not ideal. Questions:

1. I kinda wanna do coarse frit, just on the edges, and fine towards the middle. I assume it would be best to do the coarse first, and then one more coat, then fine. Does anyone have experience mixing grades of frit to confirm?
  2. I do not want any to get on the truck mounting holes. When staining my board, i got some red stain in there, and i quite like the look of it, and also id think id have to drill them out a bit if i get urethane and frit in there. Can i just put some shitty old bolts in, and remove them after applying each coat, or is there some risk im not seeing to that?
  3. Using minwax spar urethane, should i do a final coat on top of the fine frit, or just go straight to topcoat?
1 Like

Bruhhhh i love that deck what is that?