Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

^^

I personally set my good cell battery packs to 32v final cutoff on 10s

1 Like

yeah ill do that but strangely the range seems pretty spot on so maybe these arr some funky ass chinese cells that only operate to 34 lol

@zZoKo the reason you probably shouldn’t do this is because it sounds like your BMS already has a hard cutoff above that.

Also coming from MBoards they may not be good cells.

2 Likes

Well he said he scrapped it from something else but the same thing applies. I have only run a discharge bms on Lipo before so I’m not sure how they tend to react at low voltage but it does sound like the bms doing work here, maybe in combination with the cells being bad

1 Like

gonna get dem 20ah lipo bricks one day and cruise to infinity and beyond :airplane:

1 Like

I need everybody to look at my Gulf GT40 livery but I don’t have my own thread so I’m posting it here.

The frosted grip tape hides my paint crimes nicely.

Need to buy a sharp blade for my knife before I trim it tomorrow.

6 Likes

What kind of frosted grip is it?

I tried one kind and it was the shittiest shit on the planet, then I tried MOB clear grip and it was so much better then whatever I used the first time, that I just continued to buy MOB, scared of getting anything like whatever the first kind was.

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s any good it’s just just what the local skate shop had.

1 Like

:grimacing:

3 Likes

you guys confuse me…Vesc tools pre setting for 10s lion is like 31V final cutoff, no? Is that to low for the cells?

I would not set it that low personally, I like mine to start cutoff at 3.3v/c and end at 3.2. It just protects the cells a bit more

Besides once you get past 3.2 if feels like the dropoff is instant

3 Likes

Do I want an 8mm round shaft or a 10mm D shaft on flipsky motors?

2 Likes

There are many more pulleys available for shafts with keyways, and most gear drives demand an 8mm shaft. So go with the 8mm round one :+1:

4 Likes

whats the biggest battery i can fit in a 330 long x 160 wide x 40mm tall box including bms? would getting a custom built one be necessary to maximize the used space?

40mm is perfect for a double stack of 21700 cells, But wiring it might be tricky.
160mm is unfortunately a bit too little to fit 6 cells in that double stack. So we’ll have to use that dimension lengthwise, which will be 2 21700 cells.
330mm gives us enough room for 14 cells.

So 14 x 2 x 2 = 14s4p pack, but then we have like no space for a BMS.

So I’d say a 12s4p + bms is what you could ideally hope for

However with 18650 cells we have room for a double stack and nice wiring on top
8 cells width wise
and 5 cells length wise.

5 * 8 * 2 = 10s8p pack, but no space for a BMS, unless maybe a flexi.
10s8p pack would have more juice than the 14s4p, if we assume 4Ah and 3Ah capacities for simplicity’s sake.

1 Like

yeah im trying to maximize the range with the space available, i dont care about the discharge rate too much as even 30 is plenty, i think 18650 are cheaper too

If 30 is really enough then you could go for high capacity cells for the 10s8p route. But in the other configurations I probably wouldn’t.

1 Like

tbh i have been running my mbt board with only 30 total amps and while its not an overpowered monster it has 0 problems going up hills and gravel paths

quick question here, I have ran my detection a couple weeks back don’t remember what I set for Braking and regen. issue is I have almost no braking power I wasn’t even doing 10km/h braked and pretty much took a good 5-10 meters to stop.

where on the VESC tool app I can modify it if I can without redoing detection?

set the motor regen value more negative

1 Like