Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

2 Likes

Ah, right! Apologies

1 Like

Anyone have the dimentions on a @Kaly XL deck? Tip to tip length and width, maybe weight also?

Is stormesk8 legit. The reviews on those wheels suggest they are just taking peoples money and not delivering?

1 Like

Nooooo. Avoid.

5 Likes

Maybe try this new guy. (Not an endorsement.)

I got my airless from them but took 3 months and they don’t return emails. Vereal and ownboard also have these both are safer options.

1 Like

I thought Janux closed?

3 Likes

lazyrolling armored hoodie vs armored jacket

any differences?

Yh thought so with that one. It’s a shame cos esk8 supply used to sell those exact ones.

1 Like

I went for this mate, not sure how it compares to the ones you listed the only thing I would say is where it’s not like leather and a softer material. The armour plates move around on the shoulders a little the elbows seem to stay in place and the back plate protrudes out a bit but I feel safer with it on.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kevlar-Motorbike-Hoodie-Motorcyle-Removable/dp/B0776Y273J

1 Like

I’d probably say after having the hoodie the armoured jacket will be better. But up to you.

would prefer lazyrolling as they arent so expensive and def worth the extra by the look of it

just want to know the differences between them

1 Like

From where I had a bike jacket in the past the armoured jacket style amour stays in place a lot better and provides more protection with generally more areas the armour protects you and a stronger material compared to the hoodie style. Mine was only £50 the lazy roll looks to be £100+?

1 Like

yep lazy roll is around 130-160£

the hoodie appeals to me more but just making sure its as strong and will offer a good level of protection + is comfortable to wear

1 Like

Comfortable yes, as much protecting most likely not I’d say it’s more of an in between from not wearing any protection to wearing an armoured jacket rather than comparable. If you plan to go 30-40+. Armoured jacket is what you want.

Cant put a price or fashion on safety at the end of the day it will either save you or it won’t…
better to cover yourself.

1 Like

cheers will prob go with the jacket then but cant see why is would safer as the jacket has the same pads

1 Like

It’s more about the amour plates moving with the hoodie where as with the Hackett they will stay in place better.

If the plates move backwards or to the side away from where you fall it’s not going to be much help. I wouldn’t want to risk that at 30-40mph lol.

In addition some jackets have better quality armour than the foam style used in the hoodie again better equipped to protect you.

2 Likes

by the hoodie i mean lazyrolling
i beleive their quality means that the pads wont move at all
i think that is only wih the cheaper amazon hoodies

1 Like

I’m give it a go and let me know what you think. I do believe the jacket will be safer but will be good to see your take on it.

1 Like