Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

any opinions?

I use .5" ones on my short deck since needed room to stuff a battery in there (now using a buck converter to get power off the main battery cause I got sick of charging so many things). Basically you just lose a bit of stability and get more leverage on turning when it comes to esk8 with a big riser it doesn’t matter as much as with a manual kick board where you want the height to match your stride basically.

1 Like

ah… i used the word riser. I meant spacer to lift the battery enclosure and make more height inside.

1 Like

I’d say both as a leisure toy and transportation. I’m in Canada (Lots of flat areas to ride with a few hills here and there). For weight I’m 79kg.

I’m currently learning to ride a regular longboard and am pretty comfortable with cruising around. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh yah I read it too fast missed that, but yah in terms of ground clearance if it isn’t scraping against the ground and you aren’t jumping curbs then should be fine my boxes are always pretty low to the ground even with the regular truck risers. In terms of aesthetics I think 10mm most people wouldn’t notice as something strange, but honestly the whole thing is weird anyway and I don’t care too much about aesthetics so maybe the wrong person to answer or I don’t know what the question or issue is with having more spacer/enclosure riser.

Get a lot of positive feedback about my board in general so don’t care it’s obviously electric

1 Like

I would make a single-drive (on rear heelside) longboard then with a 10S4P or 10S5P battery to try to stay within budget. Probably the largest expenses are a battery, followed by a nice motor like a TB6380 or something. Look at this list

and if you use some longboard equipment you already have it can save money, but not all decks have enclosures available. If you have any Caliber 2 trucks it will help a lot.

6 Likes

Thank you!

One thing I would like to find is an enclosure that is slim (I’d prefer not to have too much sticking from the bottom of the deck). Any suggestions? Thanks again!

2 Likes

I think a Hummie deck + enclosure + battery combo may be coming up soon from our friends @hummieee and @evoheyax

If that’s the case, then that would be rather thin as the Hummie deck has a cutout for the battery. I don’t know if there is a thread for that yet though. Guys, is there?

Otherwise, any “integrated” deck or “single stack” enclosure or a deck with a “cutout” will all be the thinnest if you want some words to search with. Stay away from double stacks (two layers of cells)

1 Like

Esk8 10 commandments😎

4 Likes

Everything Brian knows he stole from me, honest word. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Deck and enclosure first. Absolutely golden rule. Once you have that in hand then the rest is easy(its not) lol. I will say that for a first build a 1000 bucks is thin and to make life easier I would be considering a kit. It gives you all the components to complete your build but someone else has taken the aggro out of it. Those pesky things we all forget and when you’re new they are multiple. @torqueboards has always done some lovely bolt together kits but for your budget then there is no better option than a single drive @BuildKitBoards complete assemble yourself kit. Great way to get yourself into the abyss without drowning in it.

Welcome to the hotel california brother. Its now a slippery slope to bankruptcy

Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

God I hope you’re not a girl I just called brother, been known to make that mistake

6 Likes

And divorce…

2 Likes

Usually goes hand in hand

1 Like

Hey I saw u post a link how to remove from the plug ? as i think this is my only option and i dont wanna cut my wire I dont think anyone know how to <120c in cut off temp sadly

cuz ive decided when my shit goes imma just snage a different pair and i wanna plug it back on my none overheating motors so i can rip in peace

I still spend less on esk8 than she spends on clothes. I would rather wear rags and ride a sweetass esk8.

4 Likes

I have one pair of shoes and one pair of jeans. 6 esk8’s
Priorities bro.

don’t ask me how many are working right now because I will have to lie

4 Likes

I can dig it

2 Likes

You would struggle to dig a hole with a post hole shovel unless someone sent you a which way is up manual.

:kissing_heart:

No more derails bros. I gave up my mod rights so I am fair game right now. Then again I was probably the most jailed member in here so…

3 Likes

from a guy who install’s windows and doors for a living Im pretty good with the ol’ post hole digger

2 Likes

That may be the case, but when it comes to esk8, one would question your ability to pour water out of a shoe if it had instructions written on the heel.

4 Likes

… try to stay on topic. don’t let them bait you. ask less. read more. ask more clear. don’t double post.

5 Likes