Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Neither.

It’s because they have their own battery each and don’t run off the main skate battery.

2 Likes

Yes, for the most part. Also @torqueboards and Hammock and @Boardnamics and Carvon baseplates all fit in that category as best as I am aware. @3DServisas might be as well but I haven’t tried any of those.

I haven’t had any issues.

1 Like

I have been too lazy to write a pull request to fix this.

Please feel free to fix this yourself, it’s open source

This also irritates me

1 Like

Don’t you need a buck converter or voltage divider for use with 12V (I assume most lights run 12V or 5V) lights?

I have my head lights and tail light all running off of my main battery with a LM2596HVS based buck converter. They work up to 60V but I would limit them to 12s to be safe. One switch controls everything, just make sure its fused and before the buck converter so you don’t slowly drain your batteries.

1 Like

Yes; you need this for up to 14S battery

put in the circuit here where it says “lights”

then the lights connect to this thing, wired in series typically

Bill told me the 5 inch wheels from Trampa suck, but I really like how the wheel looks.
Are there alternatives besides the donk wheel?
Should look like it’s for the street, no pneumatics.

For the record, I have seen exactly zero electric skateboards built using the Donk Wheels. Someone has to try it at some point…

1 Like

In my oppinion this looks just sick! But quality of the rubber seems to be very bad… No akternives here?

NOT RUBBER
trampa gummies 75ish duro 'thane…

2 Likes

Thanks Kookie <3
Do you know why this guy has two of them on each side?
Are these just two of those wheels bolted together?

1 Like

ok we did it, both work , btwy i didnt end up fixing my first sodder guess it was ok

1 Like

is that the chinese dude?

1 Like

@xsynatic
Don’t know what country he’s from, but he has this cute doggo named Kami and always has subtitles in his videos

What are these trucks?
Trampa Mini Spring Trucks? They don’t look like Mini…

Yep, thats the dude. I really enjoy his videos.

Looks like the ulitmate or infinity trucks

1 Like

he is from korea, here is his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtEL1iF7H-GsV2fZx3K4a1A

3 Likes

he’s from So. Korea

3 Likes

That was my second guess. He has some really solid builds.

2 Likes

he has also built boards using diyeboard’s kit, and their batteries lol

1 Like

Is the standard caliber II Truck 8mm axle diameter?

Edit: Nevermind… Im out :roll_eyes: 86€ per truck… Haha yeah…