Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Best budget friendy shred lights?

Thanks. I’ll see later if i can get the wheels and pulleys only

The koolwheel lights are decent.
USB chargeable and bright but not as bright as shreds.
#Aliexpress AU $26.65 20%OFF | 4Pcs Four Wheel Longboard Lights Warning LED Lights Skateboard LED Lights Night Warning Lamp for Longboard Electric Scooter

Depends if you want lights “so you can see” or “so others can see you” or both. Both will require multiple different lights…

For myself seeing, I prefer just a flashlight in my hand if it’s really that hard to see. For others seeing me, I prefer lights on the board and/or helmet.

3 Likes

Koolwheel lights are more the latter.

1 Like

Metroboard also sells riser lights for that purpose, if you have a need for 16.6mm riser, you can do both with one piece. But it’s not user friendly as you need to know how to wire an LED without blowing it out, or ask for help on this forum :crazy_face:

1 Like

How do those wire? Do you need a buck converter?

edit: ohhhh they have their own batteries :face_vomiting:

That’s the thing I dislike the most about Shredlights. More things to charge. More microUSB jacks to break at the least opportune moment. More power switches to turn on before I can ride. More shit to turn off once I get to where I’m going. Shorter lifetime. Dead light batteries. Rain/mud/sand/salt/dust got in the fucking USB port. Again.

I want lighting to run off the main battery… if at all possible… like this…

1 Like

For an inexpensive super bright lighting solution by these 20mm clamps to mount to your truck bolts and 2 X 18650 torches.

I just hold the torch in my hand :rofl:

I do that too…

1 Like

No the koolwheel lights have a 200mah battery inside each light, it flash mode the last a few hours. Not bad for something that cost less than $5 each.

1 Like

Same here. I like being able to direct it as needed or quickly switch to strobe if a situation calls for it.

2 Likes

Freedom!

Awesome flashlight for 12-15$

@Niklas

1 Like

The new flipsky remote has a torch built in.

It’s not about cost, it’s about being a huge motherfucking hassle like the world has never known before, because now you have 5 batteries to charge instead of 1, and 5 power switches to tun on, instead of 1, and 4 extra places where crap can get into electronics and more stuff that can go wrong. And then 5 switches to turn off, instead of 1, when you get to where you’re going.

I guess it would work fine if your skate is a toy, but for a tool it’s unacceptible.

1 Like

I agree I don’t use them I use 80V forklift lights but they are not noob friendly. I recommend people have something…

2 Likes

What new remote?

Just try to avoid buying Flipsky stuff.

That’s very similar to what I use, when I use lights for self.

I always have lights for others though, even during the daylight. Of course it’s also legal here… YMMV in :de: