Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

5.* firmware requires nfr bluetooth

nrf​

2 Likes

ah dern a surprise waiting for me. more reasons to remain a ludite.

2 Likes

They are cheap to make $3 for the module and program via a st-link cable.
#Aliexpress AU $2.90 | NRF51822 2.4G Wireless Module Wireless Communication Module Bluetooth module / zigbee module / DMX512

The bin files you will find on vesc-project.com
1 Like

How much is your time worth? They are way more than $3 LoL

Plus months of shipping time for the modules

Yeah, I had thought to figure that out at some point. and program a bunch and give 'em away at cost.
looks like @Scepterr is ahead of me there though.

I never figured out which exact module to buy where and stalled out. :slight_smile: because even on 3.65 my hw-10 doesn’t let me connect vesc-tool so that’s annoying. got metrs now though.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely better to do a whole bunch at once

1 Like

It sure is desoldering the pins is a pain if you don’t have a sucker.

tenor (3)

1 Like

I love the sucker ideaer… but chop the plastic a-tween the duponts and pull them out one by one… easy-peasy

1 Like

This guy electronics

1 Like

The pins are also via damaging a via will stop it working it’s how the layers of the board talk to each other.

flush cuts… heat the pins and pull the bitches… I have the highest regard for someone with the ability to pull a whole row of dupont pins out…

I have as much time for that as @b264 and I do for facebook… I kin take out a 10 row of duponts in like 20 secs one at a time… heating the whole row… I’d make a @KaramQ mess of it…

2 Likes

That would work 400c of hot air on the bottom of the board then pull out.

What ever happened the ESCape ESC’s they were the the ducks nuts v6s where did they go. Are the Gerber files around?

1 Like

and then the plastic duponts melt…no thanks… some can do it… I cannot… I can SMD… but depinning a 8 dollar part with 20 pins is way below my pay grade

3 Likes

Or Just sidecut said pins.

1 Like

I think I said that

1 Like
1 Like

You did I just didn’t take my ritalin today.

1 Like

Thanks Bill I can’t believe I missed that article, back when Zack cared about us he’s changed.

3 Likes