Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I can’t quite check. Jag wants a full address before giving me his shipping price

Is river junction drive anywhere near you? Used that and it’s not too bad.

Sent my address but yeah that’s close.

I’ve seen posts of ackmaniac around the forums for the vesc? What is it? Is it like a different software than the vesc one?

Main difference is no reverse braking, poor UART controller support. No hfi. But work better on 4.2x or 4.1x. it has more more power via bldc and support for hm10 Bluetooth .

2 Likes

as @Movation said… except HM-10 will not work on a vesc 6…

3 Likes

Is reverse braking the same as pulling back on the throttle to brake? If it is, how would you brake with no reverse braking?

Direct drives you may need that extra boost to braking throwing the motors in reverse helps here. Something lacking in Ackmaniac.

2 Likes

Sitting pointing downhill, holding brake will lightly apply reverse (in a certain mode only). Only super important if you are locked in bindings at a red light.

1 Like

Hold on it was added on a late build I think

I saw a feature that allows full sensored mode even at high speeds. Is this dangerous for the vesc? Like will it have higher chances of breaking?

How’s that? is that an ack improvement? or just an old firmware feature?

What’s that mean I have hm-10 on 3.65 vesc fw and it works. though not with vesc-tool is that what you mean?

5.* firmware requires nfr bluetooth

nrf​

2 Likes

ah dern a surprise waiting for me. more reasons to remain a ludite.

2 Likes

They are cheap to make $3 for the module and program via a st-link cable.
#Aliexpress AU $2.90 | NRF51822 2.4G Wireless Module Wireless Communication Module Bluetooth module / zigbee module / DMX512

The bin files you will find on vesc-project.com
1 Like

How much is your time worth? They are way more than $3 LoL

Plus months of shipping time for the modules

Yeah, I had thought to figure that out at some point. and program a bunch and give 'em away at cost.
looks like @Scepterr is ahead of me there though.

I never figured out which exact module to buy where and stalled out. :slight_smile: because even on 3.65 my hw-10 doesn’t let me connect vesc-tool so that’s annoying. got metrs now though.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely better to do a whole bunch at once

1 Like

It sure is desoldering the pins is a pain if you don’t have a sucker.

tenor (3)

1 Like