Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I would use a 10-32 thread size. I don’t normally recommend FUB over metric, but the standard for this is 10-32 and if you use the standard, your life will be easier.

Use metric for everything else.

1 Like

Thanks man! Was m5 sized screws the right move or is there a typical size that most people use that I should have grabbed instead?

Yes, 10-32 size. It’s FUB

FUB = freedom unit bullshit = not metric = Imperial = avoirdupois

2 Likes

Never sotered before, is this wire 1 pce ? Can i just do the most basic of soldering twist it together and put some liqwed metal on it, all so what typ solder

turns out ive got a the tools already xD mann i cant belive i fucked that up, funny thing is i was lookin at the vesc the hole time thinkin why dont i just cut it thier if only thier had a yellow wire xDD

I’m also super worried im gonna strip the metal trying to mess with this super thine wire any ideas ?

Make sure this isn’t the first thing you ever solder.

Read this whole thing.

3 Likes

mikeee

need to spell it out Brian.

1 Like

2020-05-31 11.22.34-230x230

Anyone know where I could get large brass standoffs? M8-M10? Current source has them for 90eur a pair and wanted to see if someone had a random source, needs to carry current up to 400-500A

1 Like

oh boy this aint gonna interesting, i like to do shit my self but do u think maby I should take it down the street to get it done on this one ? this will be my first sotter my only worry is stripping thw wire and not nicking the important part

yeah i probably took it to far with kook, but man what a thing to say to someone after they go throgh this good mouth long debacle, pissed me off to the core, he said he tryed to help me and i didnt notice and if i did i wouldnt of said that because that was a low blow on my part

This forum is run by donations and the people helping you are spending their time for free, so just, you know, remember that. Also there is a donate button up top

1 Like

I am not sure who you are yet my friend. I will find out though because its getting old this crap.
We are trying to create good content here and this kind of silliness is not helping. This is the sancrosanct thread, it is not to be abused because the guys in here do this for nothing and give their time for free to help people that want help. Do not troll this place.

3 Likes

im sorry guys, im not the most popular bloke but I mean no offense like what you guys do is truly admirable because as far as the internet is concerned you guys are the brains of esk8 , you are maintaining esk8 database existence and as far as the computer goes their where meany people involved who’s free time made capacitor’s and transistors storage, engines the combined knowledge created witch as far as im concernd makes me wake up evry morning and just think wow tv and frickin seamless communication all this shixx its bananas and its people that spend thier time to make the world nice is as noble as it sounds you really dont know how bad id like found but I cant because as much as im not broke as far as all my friends and anyone i know im poor, my dad owns aprtment buildings, and every day im giving him my mony as im buying a building in a short bit so if i told him this is why i need money hed laugh, yeah im helping him develop a building he emplyes me and i give him my money for interest and id look to stupid and i cant be doin that cuz he cosigning… but man i fxxxin love u guys truly

2 Likes

Best way to remove a 3D servisas pulley from the wheel ?:pleading_face:

5 Likes

Kook is your real Dad

4 Likes

I accidentally did exactly this trying to bend the center pin back after soldering (will def use @b264 advise next time). And yes, was also dumb enough to not unplug the chargeport before

Board rolls fine though, luckily. Now waiting for a new chargeport to try out, hopefully the board will still accept charge

3 Likes

I think most folks who’ve worked on boards for enough time has done this or something like this.

Either that, or they read some advice here and took the advice. (fuse your charge port, never stick multimeter prongs in there, solder with plugs plugged together, etc)

2 Likes

Also fishpaper. Use it. Use a lot of. Any place where things can rub together. No, electrical tape is not fishpaper. Foam is not fishpaper. Wrap P-groups in fishpaper.

Carbon fiber. It’s a conductor. It conducts… It blocks radio waves…

yadda yadda yadda

3 Likes

That makes me feel slightly better, haha. This is my first build so I kinda expected some misstakes to be made, definitely learned alot from you guys though!

1 Like