Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Are tb110 wheels better at absorbing rough road shocks than mbs 100mm? What about foamies?

Any other tricks non wheel related that can absorb shocks?
London has some road types that feel worse than tactile pavement in some places…

I would try the new 5" pneumatics, or foamies new core. Foamies do have a squishy feel I am not a fan, but I am in the minority. I will trade that for a better contact patch. I also have the ownboard 6" airless they are also great on rough roads.

1 Like

I ride the TB110 on the roughest roads imaginable. They seem very durable and are very kind to your battery range.

1 Like

Because I didn’t trust him to have the dexterity or care to try that without destroying the connectors.

4 Likes

can 22 AWG wire handle 4A charger 12s6p 50V battery 30Q cells charge port fused with https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/576-099707.5WXN

Yep :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How sensitive is the canbus/cable connection to electrical interference? The cable runs pretty close to the phase wires

2 Likes

thx this is nice. I found several conflicting sources out on the web. hard to know what’s what.

Usage matters a lot. That chart is specifically for esk8 use (<1 meter and in-chassis DC power). Insulation matters a lot too, use silicone-insulated wires.

1 Like

I accidentally ordered the wrong pivot cups and I was wondering what will happen if I put a paris style pivot cup in a caliber II style baseplate? @RipTideSports

1 Like

What’s positive and negative lol. My stupidest question yet

As long as you’re careful, plug it in and measure voltage. If it’s giving a negative voltage, you have the multimeters positive and negative leads backwards.

DO NOT TOUCH THE PRONGS TOGETHER WHILE THE CHARGER IS PLUGGED IN. THIS WILL COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT AND END BADLY.

4 Likes

I think the center is positive and the side prong is negative

1 Like

to expand on Justin’s comment

what you are intending to measure is the polarity of the male DC5521 (5.5 x 2.5mm) connector this will inform how you wire the female side in the image.

1 Like

This is how most if not all the chargers I’ve had are. You can check the charge brick for the symbol that shows the pin polarity.

3 Likes

It’s just a standard charger I’m using that I got from Tb lol

lol if the charger polarity is not published on the charger you can carefully measure the voltage using a multimeter as described here. lol

1 Like

Center pin is positive. I solder it while a male is plugged in to make sure the pin doesn’t move while it’s hot.

4 Likes

brian - are you suggesting the plug is designed in a way that would prevent accidental phase to ground contact so it can be left unprotected? this is absurd! :laughing:

1 Like

LoL no I’m just saying I don’t trust the rubber stuff around the base of the center pin. I don’t want it to become crooked after soldering. So keeping the mate plugged in holds the pin straight while it’s hot. It also has a side-effect of cooling it off faster.

2 Likes