Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Many thx @b264 and @kook. Let’s all hope for no :boom::fire:

2 Likes

how many cells in your P-group?

3p. If I’m being honest, I’m def out of my depth here and am not sure that I’ll proceed with this route due to the complexity involved and the very real risk of trouble. Still learning about proper pack building nvm trouble shooting and charging through bms pins :hushed:

2 Likes

It’s smart to admit you’re over your pay grade… things really can go badly if you don’t proceed safely and intelligently…

where you located?

Absolutely. A wise man knows that he knows nothing. In Toronto, CAN. I have 40 vt6’s and a smart bms on route so I’ll very likely concentrate my time and energy on building a bulletproof pack instead of trying to revive this one at great personal risk lol. It just sucks all the dicks that it was such a young pack. I hate waste!

1 Like

I just checked the trusted battery builder page…

I can’t see any canadian battery builders that may be able to help you out…

1 Like

How is the acceleration on a 12s2p with dual 6374 motor setup? I’ve owned a boosted board if that helps to explain in perspective.

1 Like

it will be plenty fast. sucky range and sag at top speed.

1 Like

Yea was kind of expecting that :frowning: Is sag just declining speed and acceleration performance the more the battery drains? Like a full battery will have max performance and will slowly decline right? I have an estimated 40mph top speed so what do you think it will be after the sag?

2 Likes

Appreciate it, brother :facepunch: one of the many reasons I’ve decided to build my own packs is bc there aren’t really any reputable builders up here. I did find a local guy who seems to know his shit but there’s no one that I trust who can vouch for him. That and the fact that if he puts all the safety features into my pack that I would want I’ll have to sell a kidney to pay the man haha. Anyway dude, thx again and have a good one :beer: :beer:

1 Like

yeah as you draw more power the voltage and top speed lowers.

1 Like

95 start 105 stop, 15% decrease at 22a wish me luck

contact that dude and ask him if he’s up to reviving your pack… and how mucho folding cannodlian pesos he’d want…

remember there are no guarantees on a flat dead-cat pack… but for science you could talk with him and feel him out…

1 Like

Not a bad idea, that… I’ll give it the ol’ College Try and see how she goes. I’m sure it’s not the first time he’s been asked to fix someone’s fucked up pack.

1 Like

ok wtf i plug my bored in and at 95% its shows full on the charger , hopfully it goes away

@Gamer43 do you build packs for profit? help a homie out

2 Likes

Bruh I dont even have a spotwelder LOL.

6 Likes

@Gamer43 is local So. Ca… and Az… If there weren’t batteries and international borders to cross, I’d have manned up and fisserated (or tried) @Common_good’s deat-cat pack…

but ya know…

details

1 Like

Pesky imaginary lines! Away with yeee

1 Like

my bad thought @Gamer43 was canuck for some reason

and buying dog cells i figured they built their own packs

i figured wrong

1 Like