Next interview: boney boards

He is an active member here who makes awesome art filled decks using various and interesting techniques. Yes, you could just ask him questions yourself, but what fun would that be?

I’m interviewing him this weekend. What do you want to know?

@briman you are not allowed to answer anyone’s questions in this thread until we’re in hangouts and recording. If you do, i’ll mispell your name everywhere!

11 Likes

What came first as a hobby.
Skateboards or woodburning and how and when did they become one thing?

4 Likes

How the hell do you have the patience for wood burning?

Let’s be honest you damn arsonist, which forest fire was your doing?

6 Likes

@longhairedboy can you trim down the videos? I like these interviews but I ain’t got enough data to watch 1-2hr long videos

1 Like

@Winfly I don’t believe that. what data service do you have? You’re not still using AOL dial up are you?

i spend roughly five hours editing and trimming out the crap on each video. The people i interview are just too interesting to drop rolls on the floor.

However, i will try to tighten it up a bit. Just a bit.

3 Likes

Go to McDonalds and use some free Wi-Fi

3 Likes

I don’t want the creepy clown to see what I’m doing on his wifi.

3 Likes

Thanks. Maybe a transcript? Idk if there’s a good enough software for it yet.

2 Likes

relax, he just wants to make sure you enjoyed your mcnuggets… and maybe see what your girl’s been up to…

3 Likes

What’s the most complex design you had to do for a deck, be it a frit or woodburned design, or both! And how long did the process take?

1 Like

Forgot to mention i will be wearing an even MORE EPIC man bun. Probably with nails coming out of it. or knives or something.

3 Likes

Just fill it with as many shoulder bolts and kingpins as you can dig up, it should have some heft

3 Likes

Ohh is there timestamp for questions asked?

1 Like

time stamp? or time limit? these interviews are for the community, so i’m going to ask as many as the other person has time for plus one or two of my own then cut out the dead space where people cough and go pee and stuff.

1 Like

No, like. On YouTube. You markdown at what time of the video, which question is asked. So we don’t have to scroll the time bar.

Like on a hour long mix of songs. The dj mark down what each song is in the description as well as the time each song starts. This way ppl can easily skip. And also get a brief gist of what is asked in the interview.

2 Likes

Its worth considering. I’ll keep it in mind while editing and see how much of a pain in the ass it is.

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy. Right click on video and copy video url with timestamp. (On YouTube)

1 Like

Connect to WiFi dude.

4 Likes