New Flipsky vx4 IS TRASH (Dangerous!!!) [READ COMPLETELY]

Looks like the new vx4 is some straight garbage. I recently got my new vx4 and was SUPER excited to start using this remote, as I am not a huge fan of the puck, and the vx2 has been a bit flakey. I installed it earlier this week and tested it, it seemed good. Tonight on a 2 hour ride it disconnected on me 4 times, the final time rolled me directly into a busy intersection after a 30mph run. I’m not going to get into the “Maybe’s” and “what if’s”, I don’t care if you have one and it’s been working great for you, good for you. This shouldn’t happen. IF YOU RUN THIS REMOTE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE, and I’m going to spam this post to every esk8 group I’m am member of. Looks like I’ll be reluctantly going back to the puck.

30 Likes

Who would have guessed!? :exploding_head:

12 Likes

Damn… Quite the hot take lmao

Any chance it was loss of signal? Similar to Maytech V2 or other? I have a spot to test mine to see if it has signal issues, but haven’t got in a board quite yet

2 Likes

What enclosure is on that kaly?

1 Like

That’s one of the new ones with all carbon fiber

4 Likes

That’ll do it. What a fabulous idea that is.

16 Likes

Sorry buddy, I feel your pain. I’ve either used solid remotes or hot garbage. There isn’t a middle ground for remotes.

1 Like

Carbon deck and enclosure? :smile::smile: my man…cmon

15 Likes

it’s like trying to have a baby and using a condom

“my dick don work!”

19 Likes

This is a remarkably fitting way to illustrate what is going on here

11 Likes

Put another remote in the same spot and test it

4 Likes

I was gonna stick my eggmote in a carbon deck too, but I was gonna have the reciever on the outside or something :joy:

The receiver is mounted externally to avoid carbon fiber issues.

10 Likes

THe receiver is mounted externally.

3 Likes

What puck shells have you tried.

Go pick one, I will print it for you, and ship it to you on my dime

8 Likes

Excellent. So the vx4 is still hot garbage. Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

7 Likes

Thx for the offer bro, I actually like the “F” shaped one. I’ll hit you up when i buy another puck.

2 Likes

esk8 makes you thimk of dicks? Thats kinda weird bro.

2 Likes

Send me a message when you place your order, Ill put the shell in the box, or just buy the puck guts and ill install it into the shell of your choosing.

4 Likes

Ok, smart folks, I didn’t really want to go into all the details, but i do understand enough about this stuff to know that carbon fiber blocks the signal. I drilled a hole in my enclosure and ran the wires thru, the receiver has it’s own enclosure and is not enclosed in carbon fiber.

8 Likes