New "builder" and I need help with a voltage issue.

I recently built an @BuildKitBoards Duo and it had the issue with over heating but that has been resolved and it is an abosulte monster in terms of acceleration and speed but the since i left the battery out of the board while i was waiting for the heatsink when i put it back in and tried to charge it, it will charge but only up to around 54% or 37 volts this isnt an issue unless i want to go more than about 7 miles wich is the reason that i picked this board. I have deducted that it wasnt the charger becuse using a multimeter it shows 42 volts (what it should be charging to). So now it is between the BMS getting damaged during that peroid or the cells being out of ballance or faulty. What could i do to fix this and is it even possible to fix this without having to rip apart the pack. if this isnt the correct place to post this i am sorry i am very new here

2 Likes

Spot on, good first purchase!

2 Likes

If the bms is inside the battery pack, there is probably no way to find out what’s wrong without to cut open the heatshrink.
Before going that route, i would recommend to get in touch with the vendor first.
Maybe he can help you or is willing to swap the battery pack in case it’s still under warrenty.

1 Like

Jared is pretty quick on responding, worth checking with him first before tearing it apart.

1 Like

I’m a little confused do you mean that it is indeed the battery causing the issue?

1 Like

I meant with the category and purchase lol

I have been in contact with him and there is no way I’m tearing it apart myself but he is so busy I was seeing if there is a way I can lessen his customer service load

Ok thanks, I would love this board but so far it has been tons of issues and time but when I get it working I’m sure it will be awesome

1 Like

These things eat time and money for lunch

2 Likes