New Boundmotor Flash Board w/ new ESC

that deck looks awesome, is that forged carbon? watch out for evolve lawyers :rofl: :rofl:

God dammit… why you link this… my wallet is in danger

1 Like

Here was my experience with boundmotor-

If you check the comments many others have been burned by them as well.

Buyer beware!

I’m not sure if it’s a great board for pre-built buyers

But for us / slightly mechanically inclined people it’s pretty neat

Not familiar with its issues but you have to go into it with the mindset of cheap ripoff of the metroboard, then I think you’ll be impressed

I can tell you one thing, that board will NEVER overheat as far as I’m concerned. DV6 with an external heatsink? You could probably ride just fine in 100 degree weather

4 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

Thanks! Pairs nicely with my Boardnamics Evo build. :grinning:

Yep! Forged Carbon, deck is absolutely gorgeous.

I’m not worried, this thing is basically all new from the ground up, and the DV6 ESC they’re using basically solves all the issues the previous boards had using a cheaper Flipsky ESC.

Yup, don’t let us harsh your buzz. Would be great to get your impressions down the road, though.

2 Likes

Will do!

Everything seems solid, though. Only thing on here that may be questionable is the battery, but I’m not too concerned about that either.

Just threw on the Riptide ESK8 Bushings kit today, it’s now an absolute carving machine.

China batteries give me the heebeegeebees. I would be tearing that open to check the welds before I ever felt comfortable charging it inside :joy:

I’m a paranoid duck though. Fingers crossed it doesn’t burn your house down :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I just had a friend’s bound 12s4p 21700 (w 4800mah Panasonic’s) battery fail. It looks like a p-group died after a couple hundred miles, we are going to open it up and see. I’m guessing some poor battery construction. They sound similar to the Tesla model 3 cells.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that pack failed on him! That always sucks.

Please post lots of pics of the teardown, I am very interested to see the pack construction and the cells :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Same, although, if the battery is the weakest part like we expected, the rest of it is still a pretty bangin board