*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I’m gonna say it because it’ll come up eventually.

• will schematic, layout, bom be released open source? (I believe schematic is required) Releasing would invite cheap badly built versions from other vendors (flipsky, etc).
  • lawsuit from Enertion? Looks like there’s another batch being cooked up by Enertion?
  • possible issues with open source licensing with vesc project?

Would cloning the ESCape make more sense, with stewii having left the scene? Too expensive?

If modifications are being made, it should help with the lawsuit issues. I think the 3 shunts is the biggest one? Would be nice to borrow some thermal design ideas from Unity. Maybe 2 UART ports (although accessories are starting to shift to can bus)

I think I would love pcb mounted XT60 for battery. I always always have a hard time routing those wires cleanly. Maybe mounted XT60 with solder pads for people who need wires?

9 Likes

Since using same schematic this already release. For other file we not releasing.

4 Likes

A tiny bit confused.
are we talking about Focbox or Unity?
i have a spare Unity that i can lend if needed

1 Like

12awg all around and might as well make it 16s capable

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

If you can pull this off, you’ll have a customer for life :heart:

12 Likes

legacy focbox, the only true focboner

3 Likes

There is no patent on the legacy focbox or is it registered in any way? Even if, the process is costly …

Don’t know if it was mentioned but do you have a idea of a turnaround on getting this thing to market?

Sorry, I’m a total noob in electronics … can we imagine a new Fox dedicate to esk8 ? (we know vesc can be used for a lot of application)
Maybe it will save some componants to upgrade other and make workable safely +13s for exemple, and at.

Also, I thing I have read someone say why not remake the ESCape ?
I think its the best idea !
If I remeber well, Stewii say he could let some hels handle, maybe with some condition … but v6 are basically the evolution of the v4.12 ?

Hope to not crumpled someone, just noob questionnement here ^^

7 Likes

Once we getting sample, then need maybe 1 week for reverse engineer. Once reverse engineer we can making samples for test. It need maybe 1 more week.

17 Likes

If already have files for other we can look at this.

7 Likes

That’s insane. Thanks for doing this for the community! <3

2 weeks to clone a focbox… Thanks @BillGordon for providing him the focbox sample!

11 Likes

We receive sample and we start work this week on reverse engineer.

18 Likes

If easy for you upload the parts that will make it reliable at 13-14s. If not possible then keep it as it is. Thanks for that

1 Like

We need review design first.

6 Likes

If you can show us some insights about reverse engineering and your company would be amazing.
I know your customer made you signed confidential agreements but maybe you can still show something not related to that :blush:
I am in love with all the production side behind these technologies

7 Likes

For reverse engineer we need perform X-ray and other method to firstly understand how pcb layout is made. Then need to make new drawing and schematic layout.

6 Likes

I thought the schematic was out for focbox. Possible thst it is not complete.

1 Like

We still need redraw this because is not in format we needing.

7 Likes