*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

ezgif.com-gif-maker

5 Likes

Have you ever thought about getting your NeoBoxes into a US warehouse for shipping times ?

1 Like

Jeff has said (earlier in this thread) that he/neoOne will be doing this :+1:

3 Likes

These are SO SMOL

What the heck is the procedure for testing we need to follow? I’m about to throw these in and SKRRRRRRR

can you tell just how excited I am?

27 Likes

Beautiful and super sleek. I’m wondering, does the top half have to be off the vesc in order to connect the remote reciever and canbus ?

if only there was a thread dedicated to testing NeoBox v6 we’d be golden

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Love you, thanks :joy::heart:

6 Likes

no drama i’m excited too, have to get back to work really looking forward to your findings tonight! have fun

2 Likes

Sorry friend for screw problem. Is just one screw or more than one? Screw is carbon steel screw but for production batch we change to torx head because I think maybe can be easy to stripping this head now. If use torx bit can unscrew stripped screw.

For solder, cable is dip to molten solder to tin end for soldering.

8 Likes

Just one screw, I’ll find a way to get it out :+1:

No more forums for me until I’ve ridden!

:wave:

12 Likes

listen mate, you better come back with a full report or me and you are gonna have a problem.

12 Likes

We’ll givem the ol’ 1, 2 if he comes back empty handed.

1 Like

Can use torx bit to unscrew.

is it me or are the phase cables stiff coming out of the esc? like they’re soldered internally

1 Like

It’s probably because they were dipped and the solder wicked into the cable too far. Simple manufacturing fix, could just be these boxes.

We will have to see what other ones look like that people receive

1 Like

@jeffwuneo definitely a QC issue to be followed up on

1 Like

I would replace the oversoldered ones, the issue being strand breakage under the silicone
it’s fine to ride right now, but long term could be an issue

1 Like

What about the bullet connector being soldered to the pad directly and being held by the case? It is no worse than the screws that hold the PCB to the case, but it gives more room for wire fuckery and no risk of bad connections (even if there is a cold solder, just stick the iron in the bullet for a moment and call it goodd)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this was discussed some time ago, as well as doing that for the XT connector - Jeff wanted to do it like that but the community seemed to disagree with the notion of board-mounting the connectors

2 Likes

I would say there’s risk of damaging the PCB if you’re careless plugging/unplugging if the bullet is soldered directly to PCB

3 Likes