*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Like @PixelatedPolyeurthan said, there isn’t really a set testing group anymore. Although batch one will do the real “real world” tests. Batch 2 will follow pretty quickly. What happens if batch one finds faults that jeffs tester didn’t find? Can’t tell you.

4 Likes

Got it. I should have asked when the first round of people are going to receive theirs, they have already shipped right? - I am in round two and am anxious to read some real-world test reports from people running 12S.

Yes, Jeff shipped them last week, depending on how it goes they should arrive this or next week i assume.

If we remember that they are based on the OG focboxes they should fine on 12s. I mean even clone 4.12 vescs run 12s good. If we find faults, jeff will definitely fix.

2 Likes

13S is the real test for robustness

7 Likes

I’m planning to run a single on 13S, but I did not get in on the first round.

2 Likes

In anticipation of the first NeoBox V4& V6 arrivals and an effort to avoid adding more to this large thread i have opened (2) wiki topics under esk8 Dev for the initial batch community testing results:

NeoBox 4 Topic Here
NeoBox 6 Topic Here

14 Likes

God damnit…Today i had a dream about getting the Tracking number and dhl telling me that it will be delivered by friday…

11 Likes

I think can receiving by next week.

8 Likes

That’s the worst!!!

4 Likes

Personally don’t use 13s, not familiar with the ones on Amazon

It is good to know.

1 Like

Walking back the sass with the ninja edit, but I know what I saw :joy:

1 Like

You could the 13S version of the D140

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D140LI13S15A.html

@3DServisas made a dual Original focbox heatsink, these should fit then

Curious, what specifically is giving these v4 a 12S 80a limit? Thats above the focboxes, and curious what the component differences is that handles 12S voltage and ERPM spikes better than other 4.1

3 Likes

I know @Kug3lis overclocked his focboxes to run them at something like 130a each. You need amazing cooling primarily

but thats not what was frying DRVs and such on most 4.1 hardware vescs on 12S right? Was it all related to 60k ERPM limit?

Many things involved. Power layout, voltage rating of drv, reverse spike abuse, no AS, take a pick. only way erpm was an issue was if you went north of 200kv on motors. practically if enough cooling, you could push alot more current. Im very unsure how that even remotly relates to clk freq tho

4 Likes

We make to higher standards than original focbox. And have larger heatsink for case to help cool faster.

3 Likes

Would you be interested in running extreme load testing on a handful of units to see the theoretical maximum sustainable current for X amount of time?

Like is talked about here:

I don’t know of anyone running 60V (14S) on a focbox

2 Likes

Iirc the speedboard guy said he had run 14S on a focbox and all was well other than brake cutouts at/near full battery.

3 Likes