*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

…and even then, how does it compare to AtomX, another not on the market yet powerful esk8?

2 Likes

Sorry if it’s been asked/posted, but

@jeffwuneo , could you post a demo video of the app for programming these via Bluetooth? IIRC I think you said you were going to have something similar to the FOCBOX Unity App available. Is this still the case?

1 Like

That’s a different project, these are the FOCBOX Clones.

1 Like

When can we expect field reports from the initial test group?

2 Likes

there is no test group. Jeff had tested all the neoBOX thoroughly with dynos i do believe. the first batch will be sent soon so the cOmuNItY will test them soon

3 Likes

my pair will be going into this build instead of the ESCapes

2 Likes

Like @PixelatedPolyeurthan said, there isn’t really a set testing group anymore. Although batch one will do the real “real world” tests. Batch 2 will follow pretty quickly. What happens if batch one finds faults that jeffs tester didn’t find? Can’t tell you.

4 Likes

Got it. I should have asked when the first round of people are going to receive theirs, they have already shipped right? - I am in round two and am anxious to read some real-world test reports from people running 12S.

Yes, Jeff shipped them last week, depending on how it goes they should arrive this or next week i assume.

If we remember that they are based on the OG focboxes they should fine on 12s. I mean even clone 4.12 vescs run 12s good. If we find faults, jeff will definitely fix.

2 Likes

13S is the real test for robustness

7 Likes

I’m planning to run a single on 13S, but I did not get in on the first round.

2 Likes

In anticipation of the first NeoBox V4& V6 arrivals and an effort to avoid adding more to this large thread i have opened (2) wiki topics under esk8 Dev for the initial batch community testing results:

NeoBox 4 Topic Here
NeoBox 6 Topic Here

14 Likes

God damnit…Today i had a dream about getting the Tracking number and dhl telling me that it will be delivered by friday…

11 Likes

I think can receiving by next week.

8 Likes

That’s the worst!!!

4 Likes

Personally don’t use 13s, not familiar with the ones on Amazon

It is good to know.

1 Like

Walking back the sass with the ninja edit, but I know what I saw :joy:

1 Like

You could the 13S version of the D140

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D140LI13S15A.html

@3DServisas made a dual Original focbox heatsink, these should fit then

Curious, what specifically is giving these v4 a 12S 80a limit? Thats above the focboxes, and curious what the component differences is that handles 12S voltage and ERPM spikes better than other 4.1

3 Likes